X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdram
    Suspended
    • Jul 2003

sony drives users

I have read so many fallacies and misconceptions regarding DVD Media over the last few months especially on sony drives, I thought a message would do a nice job of clearing some of these things up. Are you experienced problem with gerenic media in the market which could not burn them at 4x consistance or sometime they would show 4x on your burning software then turn out to be result of 2x or perhaps 1x only.

Many of you might not relize that Sony drives were made in Japan, and when they were first build for the market, they were made to accept media that are known brands product or I should say to accept Japanese media only. The reason of it was because they want to make all the money first and also protect their own market before they would ever want to release any type of firmware or software to take any other type of media. Slowly you should find many kind of different type media in the market such as Ritek, Princo, Matrix, CMC, and etc. Then you would wonder why they are not working, it is a very simple problem to resolve by update your drive with newest firmware or upgrade your software to the latest version. Drives manufactures had their pressure from the public then they will release their lock to accept "None Japanese made media"

now you might ask, why should I do that if you are happy with "known branded product such as TDK or Sony", do you know one more thing, over 80% "known branded product is made in Taiwan" these companies hire one of Taiwanese factories to do a previate label and sell them in the market for range of $2 to $4 per pcs at the stores. Now let me tell you all somthing, if you spend 30 min of your time by doing yourselve a favor by upgrade the software, or firmware, then you could simply use "Generic media" for a lot cheaper price then "known branded product"

I am not writing you this message is not to scare you or telling you to buy gerenic media only, but this message is simply a message to you all users that don't get fool over "known product" because they are few dollars more and they would turn out to be "perfect" What's the Best media out there? Again, there is no such thing as Best media. Now two people's computers are exactly alike, and different hardware as well as different software make this question impossible to answer. There are other reasons as to why you can't assume a BEST when it comes to DVD MEDIA. don't blam on the media when it comes to problem because it is a game from drives factory to make you think that way. there are many type of media in the marekt these days are so "cheap" you should do give them a try espeically you are heavy users on dvdr media!
  • tgable
    • Sep 2003

Can you recommend some cheap 4X media? I got stuck with a spindle that will only burn at 1X and I have the 2.0f firmware.

Comment

Working...