Split movie to 2 DVD-Rs: Main movie on one, extras on other, Keep Original Menus!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMurderOfCrows
    • Dec 2002

Split movie to 2 DVD-Rs: Main movie on one, extras on other, Keep Original Menus!!!

i looked at DVDFab and could not find any options that allowed me to do what i'm looking to do.

maybe i didn't explain it right...

Goals:

1. Keep Original Menus, chapters and such.
    2. Put Full movie on first disc, keeping original menus and chapters and streams.
    3. Put all extras (and only the extras) on Disc 2, keeping original menus and chapters and such.
    4. Relink all the menus to ask for Disc 2 if i try to activate an extra.
    5. If i put in DIsc 2 can click on the Play Movie, i want to be asked to put the first disc in.

does this make sense??? Original menus/chapters, main move on Disc 1, all extras (only extras, no movie) on disc 2.

all DVDFab looked like to me was another DVDShrink style program. It offered me the option to copy the main movie (no menus) and to copy the whole disc. I wasn't given any choices as to what streams i wanted to go where, and didn't see the point in processing the split without it asking me how i wanted the split to go.

HELP!!!!
  • scrif
    • Sep 2003

Mr Crow Murder:

First. I too would like to murder some crows...

Why do you want to have the DVD tell you to put the other disc in. Don't take this the wrong way, but, if you have disc 1 in, and you know that the Extra's are on Disc 2, why do you need Disc 1 to tell you to insert the other disc when you want to view the extras?

Comment

• JerryLBell
      • Aug 2003

There are some films where the approach of "film on disk 1 and extras on disk 2" just isn't going to work (unfortunately). "Terminator 2: Extreme Edition" is an example. You can turn on an option where a little graphic pops up every now and again. If you press <Enter> on your DVD remote, the movie branches to a short film on how a given special effect was done or some other behind-the-scenes thing. When this short title is done, the movie resumes about where you branched away. If you put all these little titles on disk 2, you wouldn't be able to access them while watching the movie from disk 1. You also can't access them from a menu, so they'd be hard to use from disk 2 (unless you want to access the titles directly). I found this out the hard way by backing up the film with DVD XCopy. The little branching bits worked fine for the first half of the film (or whatever amount fit on disk 1). They blew me back to the start of film on disk 2 whenever I accessed them from disk 2. Plus, the disk wouldn't work on my Panasonic RP-91 DVD player, though it did work on my cheap-oh Apex AD5121. But that's another story...

Comment

• AMurderOfCrows
        • Dec 2002

Re: Split movie to 2 DVD-Rs: Main movie on one, extras on other, Keep Original Menus!!!

Mr Crow Murder:

First. I too would like to murder some crows...

Why do you want to have the DVD tell you to put the other disc in. Don't take this the wrong way, but, if you have disc 1 in, and you know that the Extra's are on Disc 2, why do you need Disc 1 to tell you to insert the other disc when you want to view the extras?
        cause not everyone in my family is as technologicaly advanced as you are. some will not be able to figure out why the DVD fails so badly.

There are some films where the approach of "film on disk 1 and extras on disk 2" just isn't going to work (unfortunately). "Terminator 2: Extreme Edition" is an example. You can turn on an option where a little graphic pops up every now and again. If you press on your DVD remote, the movie branches to a short film on how a given special effect was done or some other behind-the-scenes thing. When this short title is done, the movie resumes about where you branched away. If you put all these little titles on disk 2, you wouldn't be able to access them while watching the movie from disk 1. You also can't access them from a menu, so they'd be hard to use from disk 2 (unless you want to access the titles directly). I found this out the hard way by backing up the film with DVD XCopy. The little branching bits worked fine for the first half of the film (or whatever amount fit on disk 1). They blew me back to the start of film on disk 2 whenever I accessed them from disk 2. Plus, the disk wouldn't work on my Panasonic RP-91 DVD player, though it did work on my cheap-oh Apex AD5121. But that's another story...
        for now though, i'm not interested i extreme versions of anything....i just want to backup One Hour Photo. I want the film on disc 1, the extras on disc 2. i'd like to take out some of the silly things in there, like the warnings and the fox logo snippits. but that's it.

can no one tell me how to do this????

Comment

Working...