Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drandles
    • Jan 2002

How do I rip Title 15 chapter1 from Wild Wild West DVD

How do I rip Title 15 chapter 1 from my Wild Wild West DVD. I want to copy out the music video Balaimos by Enrique Iglesias. Last night I ripped American Beauty to VCD with SmartRipper, DVD2AVI,TMPEGEnc, and burned it to 2 VCD's with Nero. Unbeleivable quality for a VCD!

I'm at a total loss as to how to get just Title 15 chapter 1 the music video form WW West. The vob files don't show me Titles or at least they only go up to 3 Titles. When I play the music video on my DVD player it says Title 15 Chapter 1 in the display window.

I can capture it by running from my stand alone DVD player directly into my ATI AIW card. I can capture it using VirtualDub, convert it using TMPEGEnc, and then burn it using with Nero.

How do I rip it directly from the DVD-Rom drive.

Dale
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The biggest caveat is as follows: If you're lucky, the entire music video is contained in only one .VOB (and not split among two or more)!

Play one vob at a time on your PC, until you determine which one contains the music video. Rip (if not already done) and convert just this .VOB. Once you've got it to the point where you can load it into TMPGEnc, from the "File" dropdown menu of TMPGEnc, click on "MPEG Tools" and select "Merge&Cut". Set the mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD". Cut off the pieces you don't want and save your music video.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

How do I rip it directly from the DVD-Rom drive.
      In smartripper in movie mode u should be able to select the appropiate chapter in the "Title->Program Chain->Angle" selection box, and only rip that to HD.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• drandles
        • Jan 2002

Power DVd

Thanks setarip and khp. I am loading Power DVD as we speak. I will look at the vob's and let you know how I make out.

Dale

Comment

• drandles
          • Jan 2002

Progress

Making some progress. I did find the two music videos in ....3_1.vob. I ripped all the files to HD - about 6gb.

What's with InfoEdit? I installed it, but it was Greek to me. Don't see anything that gives me a hint of where things may be located. Is there any kind of tutorial on InfoEdit?

What's with all the Divx posts on this site? I thought Divx died a long time ago.

Dale

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It's an entirely different DivX than the one you're referring to (Circuit City special format). This DivX is an adaptation of MPEG4 compression.

Comment

• drandles
              • Jan 2002

Audio

When I used Sefy's (VCDhelp.com)DVD ripping guide I was able to create a VCD with sound etc. I have created two working mpg files from the Wild Wild West DVD.

I found that the music videos that I really want are on vts_03_01.vob, so I ripped all of the files from the DVD.

When I opened vts_01_01.vob in DVD2AVI I ended up with a d2v file and a wav file. When I input vts_03_01.vob into DVD2AVI I do not get a wav file. Don't I need the wav file for conversion through TMPEGEnc to an mpg file with sound? How do I get it?

When I play any vob file with Power DVD software I don't get sound - that is normal isn't it?

Thx for your help,

Dale

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Since you've now determined that the music videos are (fortunately for you) all on one .VOB, may I once again suggest that you use Flask to convert that single .VOB?

To avoid unnecessary conversion, if there are any other .VOBs numbered "vts_03_0x"(meaning _03_02, _03_04, etc.), temporarily change their extensions to ".VOX".

Run Flask (set for conversion to .AVI) and select "Open File" from the "File" dropdown menu. You should see a quick image on your screen indicating that Flask has located one video stream and (at least) one audio stream. Note that if there is more than one English audio stream and the DVD has DTS audio as one choice, it is usually the first stream listed - DON'T SELECT IT, as Flask cannot handle DTS audio. Instead, select the second stream. Assuming that you are familiar with Flask, I'll simply say, do the remaining setup steps regarding output (including selecting an output filename) and start your conversion.

Let us know of your success, should you choose to try this method ;>}
                Last edited by setarip; 25 Jan 2002, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• drandles
                  • Jan 2002

Flask

Progress seems slow. I had Flask on my hard drive (German version), but I don't speak German, so I had to download it again. The download failed over the dialup so I downloaded it through the LAN. Anyway I was trying to make an MPG (mpeg1) file with Flask. I am guessing that I need one of the plugins ($$) to get an mpeg1. Flask didn't like any of the settings I tried for mpg1. I'm downloading the rickyguides for Flask as we speak.

So I said what to hay and went for mpeg2. I had installed a Pioneer DVR-A03 (DVD-RW drive)on Jan 22, 2002 (Tues) and I might as well put the music video on DVD instead of VCD, so mpeg2 would be just fine.

It is encoding right now.

Dale
                  Last edited by drandles; 25 Jan 2002, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"I had Flask on my hard drive (German version)"

Doesn't your version of Flask have a "Languages" selection choice under the "Options" dropdown menu?

Comment

• drandles
                      • Jan 2002

german

The menu probably did have language selections, but this was before Flask was up and running. When I went to install or unzip the file the instructions came up in German, so I didn't proceed any further. I may have downloaded it unwittingly from the German site originally. I do remember coming up to a site written in German with a bizarre picture out of a U2 music video.

The newer version I downloaded today did NOT come up in German when I installed it. I haven't tried the drop down menus to look for other languages- no reason to.

I can't seem to get Flask to either make an MPEG2 that is 720 x 480 so I can burn it on a DVD-RW with MYDVD (software that came with DVR-A03). It has VCD and SVCD options in the menus, but the resulting mpeg1/2 (?) is not recognized by MYDVD as a valid format for DVD. I tried a few different settings. I did burn one mpeg1/2 with Nero to a VCD but it wouldn't play in my stand alone DVD player. It worked in a Power DVD (software). My stand alone DVD will play VCD, xVCD, DVD-R, or DVD-RW but not SVCD.

I can't get it to make a 352x240 mpeg1 to burn on a VCD. I even tried svcd 480x480, but the resulting mpeg1/2 was not recognized by MYDVD.

I needed either 352x240 mpeg1 for a VCD or xVCD or else I needed 720x480 mpeg2 for a DVD-RW.

I will read some more about Flask tomorrow.

You talked about creating an AVI output. If I do that I will have to then use TMPEGEnc to create the mpeg2 to burn onto a DVD.

I was able to create valid mpeg2's 720x480 from VirtualDub >> DVD2AVI >>> TmpegEnc>> MYDVD.
                      I will read more tomorrow, but if you have suggestions that'll shorten my learning curve it would be appreciated.
                      Thnx,

Dale

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"You talked about creating an AVI output. If I do that I will have to then use TMPEGEnc to create the mpeg2 to burn onto a DVD."

Yes, especially in light of the difficulty you've been having with the Flask MPEG2 plugin ;>}

Comment

• drandles
                          • Jan 2002

Found It!

I found Balaimos (the music video by Enrique Iglesias)by matching up the number of MB's. Flask came in handy for that (and it will play both the sound and video although not at the same time). I found that the video was around 135MB in size when I cropped it from vts_03_01 in Flask. I went back to SmartRipper and found vts_03(2555MB) with 39 titles under it. But which title would it be? vts03 was actually 3 vobs vts_03_01 and vts_03_02 were 1GB each and vts_03_03 was 1/2 GB. I knew Balaimos was near the end of vts_03_01 but in SmartRipper you don't see the individual vobs you only see vts_03 which is spread over 3 vobs of varying lengths. ummm

Anyway I searched through the 39 titles till I found one that was 132MB - looked pretty close.

Are there any utilites that show me the title or track names where I could have found that Balaimos was on title 21. On my stand alone DVD player it says Title 15 Chapter 1 when I play this music video. I see no correlation and I see nothing in ifoedit that points me in the right direction.

I ripped just the video I wanted with SmartRipper.

Thnx again,

Dale

Comment

• drandles
                            • Jan 2002

sucess with mpeg1

I actually got something out of ifoedit. There were only two audio tracks on the 3_1.vob. tracks 3-stereo and track 4-mono.

I set the audio track to 3 and used DVD2AVI >> TMPEGEnc and now have a working mpeg1.

Dale

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

Gratifying, isn't it? ;>}

Comment

Working...