Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BolinBoy
    • Sep 2003

AVI Audio problems

I have a lot of experience with exactly these audio sync problems.
    The answer lies in two places:
    1. If you have a XVID avi, then you will need to slightly alter the VFAPI plug in priorities in the environmental sttings tab of TMPGEG. This will ensure that the XVID is handled correctly by TMPGEG.To convert a Xvid AVI file using TMPGEnc go to OPTIONS ... ENVIRONMENTAL SETTINGS ... VFAPI plug-in ... change the DIRECTSHOW Multimedia File Reader priorty to 1. TMPGEnc will now convert the Xvid to VCD/SVCD with no problems. I don't extract the wav file if it has Unknown(Tag 2000) for audio. Remember to change the DIRECTSHOW back to -1 if you want to convert a DivX avi.
    -1 = DivX
    1 - Xvid

2. Make sure that you have removed any bad video frames before you process the avi in virtualdub. I use DivFix to do this. Simply open DivFix, select the avi from the add files button, then check the boxes for keep original file and cut out bad parts. Select strip index button and wait for the action to be reported as complete in the right window. Then select the rebuild index button and wait for the action to be reported complete in the right window. Close DivFix.
    Now you will have a fixed avi file with a name something like 'XXXdivfix.avi' where XXX is the original file name, in the same folder as the original avi.
    Now if the avi has VBR mp3 audio, you need to use Vdub to process the audio as PCM(as you have done before), but keep the video on direct stream copy. After all this is complete you can process the resultant avi in TMPGEG and you will get a final mpeg with perfect video and audio.

Best Of Luck

BolinBoy
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎