NTSC to svcd, correct frame rate and encode mode in TMPGenc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NitraMus
    • Sep 2003

NTSC to svcd, correct frame rate and encode mode in TMPGenc?

I have ripped a DVD and I know that it is in NTSC. What I want to know is what is the frame rate and if it is interlaced or not or .... All the rest I don't have any problem.

Is there a way to know the frame rate of a original NTSC DVD or is all the same thing?

I have the DVD that I ripped trying to put in MPEG-2/SVCD. I am using TMPGenc and dvd2avi. In DVD2AVI, should I "Force film" and then put the frame rate to 23.97 FPS in TMPGenc or do not force film and then put the frame rate to 29.97 FPS. Then what encode mode should I take. I read in different places that I should take interlaced and 3:2 pull down when playback.

What are the best settings or what should I do to get a MPEG-2 as close a possible as the original.
    Keep in mind that I don't know the frame rate and the encode mode of the original NTSC DVD.

Thanks
  • DayTrader
    • Sep 2003

I don't know if there is a better way, but in my case I use DVD2AVI and preview the source file (F5 key). The info screen which comes up on the right hand side of the preview shows you all of the information about the source, including the frame rate

Take Care

DayTrader

Comment

• DayTrader
      • Sep 2003

To answer ( or try to ) answer your question on what are the best settings for TMPGEnc, in my opinion I don't believe there is a one size fits all template of settings. In my case, I use a template which I got from another site (DVDR.us, I believe) and then made the changes that I needed to have the source file fit. By that I mean I changed the settings of the bit rate control ( max bit rate, and min bit rate ). I use an excellent free tool called FitCD, which has a source input. It takes a look at your source input file and then calcuates the max and min bitrates that you can use.

Hope this helps

Take Care

DayTrader

Comment

• NitraMus
        • Sep 2003

Thanks alot. I tried the screen in the DVD2AVI and it helped. I found a site (don't remember where) that helped on that screen.

I will take a look at the FitCD app.

Thanks

Comment

Working...