"playback prohibted by area limitations" region info, or out-of-standard encoding?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clay123
    • Oct 2003

"playback prohibted by area limitations" region info, or out-of-standard encoding?

Ok so i encoded a compolation of family movies that was in XVID to DVD using DVD2SVCD. DVD2SVCD used Cinema Craft Encoder to encode the video. So then i loaded the ecoded video and audio into TMPGenc DVD Author and it gave me the following error

"The combined bitrate of the video and audio clip "filename" of track "track name" is excedding the upper limit for a standard DVD.
    The current bitrate is video: 9800kbps, audio: 192kbps, combined 9992kbps.
    The combined video and audio bitrate can be no more than 9.848Mbps(9848kbps)"

So i authored the dvd anyway, then burned it with Nero 6. When i put the dvd into my Sony player it gives the error, "Playback proibited by area limitations."

What i want to know is if the player error is because of region info, or because of the high bitrate. Ive also heard that NERO isnt the best for burning DVD's but i dont want to risk wasting another dvd on another program if its not the problem.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"What i want to know is if the player error is because of region info, or because of the high bitrate."

It's definitely not because of the bitrate. I've created many DVDs using TMPGEnc DVD Author, where I've initially received (and clicked on "Ignore") the same "over the bitrate limit" message.

Did you somehow set a Region for the DVD during one of your procedures - and is that Region different than that of the Sony?

Comment

• clay123
      • Oct 2003

Ok im an idiot. The encoded movie is PAL. So i guess the original video was PAL... am i right?

What can i use to determine if any video is PAL or NTSC? Also whats the best program for converting the original xvid file to NTSC?

Comment

• clay123
        • Oct 2003

Ok, heres some more info i found.

The framerate of my xvid video is 25fps which coresponds to PAL. I need to figure out how to convert the framerate to 29.97(NTSC) so when i put the video through the encoder, it encodes it as NTSC.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Ok so i encoded a compolation of family movies that was in XVID to DVD using DVD2SVCD."

"The framerate of my xvid video is 25fps which coresponds to PAL. I need to figure out how to convert the framerate to 29.97(NTSC)"

Bye...

Comment

Working...