Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PB&TJ
    • Sep 2003

memorex 4x

i'm just a newbie to all this, but i thought i'd add my two cents. i bought the lg drive less than a month ago and i have burned on 5 princos and 10 memorex dvd-rs on 2X with no problems on any of them. however, i cannot get the drive or the software i use to recognize the max 4x speed that the memorex discs indicate. i have completed the firmware upgrade as prescribed on the lg website.

waiting for someone to figure this out.
  • ally68
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Aug 2003

t

Comment

• assassin262
      • Oct 2003

memorex is funny - try a different brand like tdk. And since dvd+ is the only format that works at 4x speed (4x dvd-r doesn't exist - yet) make sure your drive supports the + format.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To assassin262

"4x dvd-r doesn't exist - yet"

You are mistaken...

Comment

• PB&TJ
          • Sep 2003

i have tried maxell dvd+rs, which i hear is a reliable brand, and same problem. is it the discs, the drive or my computor? someone told me it may have something to do with slow CPU or not enough RAM. is this true? i have a pentium 3 running at 700 mhz and 256k ram.

Comment

• PB&TJ
            • Sep 2003

ok, i tried a few more maxell 4x dvd+rs. the drive is now picking up 4X. using a dependable brand seems to make a difference. but assassin's comment regarding memorex seems right - they are not reliable. b.t.w. i had been using memorex 4x dvd-rs. thanks all for the help.

Comment

Working...