Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chding
    • Aug 2003

cant play dvd video on standalone player

i burn a video into a dvd-r.the disk can be played in pc and ps2,but cant playback in my toshiba sd-k310.help please.what is the problem and how to solve it.i am using power producer to create the dvd video.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To determine the abilities/limitations of your specific brand/model of standalone DVD player, go to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./dvdplayers

Comment

• chding
      • Aug 2003

i cant get my dvd player at the website.my player is toshiba sd-k310

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

(I'm assuming your DVD-R is a "good burn", since you state that it plays on your PS2)

1) Read the docs that came with the player to determine if it is capable of playing ANY format of burned DVDs (as opposed to commercial DVDs) - and, if so, DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs.

2) If, in fact, it's capable of playing DVD-Rs, you may have to use a different/higher quality brand of media

Comment

• chding
          • Aug 2003

Thanks a lot. But my DVD player user manual guide didnt state whether it can plays dvd+r or dvd-r.Anyway i would like to try it with a branded dvd-r later.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks a lot."

My pleasure ;>}

(I'd suggest you do your experimenting with REWRITABLE DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs)

Comment

• chding
              • Aug 2003

I tried SmartBuy DVD+RW and DVD-RW,but both also failure to be played.....HOW???Is that possible that my Toshiba player cant playback dvd+/-r(w)?

Comment

Working...