Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lchills
    • Sep 2003

Disk image?

I'm using Pinnacle Studio 8 (v8.8.17.0) and am a bit puzzled by references in the instruction manual to creating a disk image for later copying to DVD. I cannot find the 'create disk image' command anywhere: all I can see under Settings in the Make Movie section is 'create disk content but don't burn'. I believe also that if I want to burn a DVD later, having used this option, I still have to load the project concerned, which presumably means that I still have to hang on to the huge captured film files on my hard drive. What I was hoping was that it might be possible to save a disk image (of, presumably, about 4.7GB) and then delete the 36GB of .avi files currently saved. Do I have to keep these huge files as long as I want to burn copies of the same DVD from my hard disk, even with a disk image? Sorry if this is a bit garbled.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

u may try to save ur produced file as save to disk for later burning and see for ur self what format does it saved if its a single file of say 4 gb or whatever ur size then u may not need those avi anymore.

save method would be to try encoding some test avi file and save that file a nd then see if its a image and u need the avi or not
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• lchills
      • Sep 2003

Thanks - I was wondering if the image meant it was possible to discard the .avi - I'll give it a try.

Lyndon

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎