Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaZzle
    • Oct 2003

After playing any dvd movie sound cuts out after 5 minutes of play.:(

I would like to know how can i fix this, so that my sound will still play, instead of cutting out every 5 minutes i tryed everything i could think of to fix it. i even reinstall all the drivers etc, and i still get the same problem. i can play music, sounds and also record etc all day and night. when i want to watch any dvd movie on my dvd player the sound cuts out every 5 minutes (btw it is dvds i brought and ones that are burned) i have read and did everything before posting on here i really need some help thanks so much i will be so greatful.
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

Regester your dvd player (pay for it)? Yur probly using a trial version DVD player.

Comment

• DaZzle
      • Oct 2003

Well that sure isnt the problem because i payed for it. i also registered all of the ones i am using like winamp, windows media player, power dvd, divx jukebox, and interactual player. that is all payed in full or that came with my computer does the same thing. that is why i am upset here i am paying for something i only play music with. if you can think of anything else please let me know thanks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Which DVD software player is it that you purchased, that's cutting off the sound after 5 minutes?

Comment

• DaZzle
          • Oct 2003

I Brought powerdvd and interactual player and also divx but windows media player came with my purchase. and all of the above ones i tryed does the same thing to me after looking at my movie for 5minutes then the sound completely cuts off i have to actually close the player and reopen it to hear it again and does the same thing over and over.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Uninstall and then reinstall PowerDVD. Reboot your system...

Comment

• DaZzle
              • Oct 2003

I tryed that plenty of times no improvement. i even reinstalled all the drivers and also o.s. i pretty much can fix anything going wrong with a computer but never had problems with this. i also i got a new sound card too and got directx9 on here etc. im pretty much computer literate haha not like i dont know anything about it because i know plenty but everyone got some kind of problem they need help with well anyways back to subject maybe there is a file or encoder i need but i dont know which one. but thanks for all the suggestions anyways i hope soon i can fix it so i dont waste all my money on these players and dvd's i brought to see lol well anyways thanks again

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

The fact that the audio is cutting out after 5 minutes on DVD playback ONLY, VERY strongly points toward (as was suggested by "GeneralLeoFF") the installation of a trial version of an MPEG2/.AC3 audio filter.

If you do, in fact, have a purchased version of PowerDVD, register its audio filter with Windows.

It probably also wouldn't hurt to uninstall the InterActual Player...

Did you previously have a trial version of WinDVD installed?

Comment

• dreamracer
                  • Nov 2003

I also have the same problem. Wha happened to me however was this. I installed a trial version of the latest Power DVD player and it offered me to look at it with 5 mins of Audio and 30 mins of picture for 14 days. At the end of the period, I uninstalled and went back to the basic windows DVD player. However the sound was still cutting out after 5mins and I didn't wait 30 mins to see the picture say bye bye. I reinstalled and uninstalled the thing again but to no avail. So what is it specifically that I have to delete to get all audio?

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
                    • Sep 2003

It's probly not removing the codecs when you un install it. Check in the "system32" folder for "claudio.ax" and "clvideo.ax" and delete them. You should then be able to install the software that worked before.

You may acctualy want to do a search and delete every instance of those 2 files.

What "basic windows DVD player" do you mean though? Windows dosnt come with any DVD codecs by defualt and must have 3rd party codecs installed to play DVD (in media player). If you bought your system and it came pre set to play DVD you should check any CDs (if any) that came with the system and look for the DVD software.

If you are un lucky and you didnt get any CDs (cheap ass companys love to do that to there customers) then by installing a trial version of PowerDVD may have accadently bit yourself in the ass.

Comment

• dreamracer
                      • Nov 2003

I got the offending file. the path was C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\Audofilter and the file name was CLAUD_Trial.ax Sadly this appears to be my only Audio for DVD playback but at least when I do install a proper DVD player it won't be fooled into thinking an audio player exists.
                      The player I have now is dvdplay.exe from Microsoft. a basic enough machine, you have to right click the play button to obtain a menu.

Comment

Working...