X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anhktepot2003
    • Nov 2003

How to convert VOB files created with VOBSplit into MPEG2 files

Hi!

I previously split some VOB files from a DVD into smaller ones with VOBSplit in order to create playable files from special scenes.

No I want to know if there is a way to convert these files created with VOBSplit into the MPEG2 format. Using DVDx for example generally works with those files where I only had cut away the end of the original VOB file with VOBSPlit (but the converted MPEG2 file ends a some split seconds ealier than the VOB file).
    But if I want to convert a file split from the middle of the original VOB file, DVDx gives me the following error message: "Failed to parse file, no sequence header found".

Is there any chance that I can convert these "headerless" VOBs into MPEG2 files? I would appreciate any helpful information on this matter.

Thanks,

anhktepot2003
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

First use TMPGEnc to Demultiplex the .VOB, as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Demultiplex

1) First save the ".M2V" video stream
    Then save the desired (if more than one) .AC3 audiostream

2) Load the .AC3 audiostream into a hex editor and locate the FIRST instance of "0B 77" - and delete/cut all data prior to it. Save the modified .AC3 audiostream

3) Use TMPGEnc to Multiplex the ".M2V" videostream and ".AC3" audiostream, as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Multiplex

4) If converted MPEG file is out of synch (most probable, since a piece of the .AC3 was "trimmed" off the front-end of the file), use TMPGEnc as follows to correct:

Load MPEG into TMPGEnc's main window
    Click on "Setting" radiobutton
    Select "Advanced" tab
    Put a checkmark next to and then doubleclick on "Source range"
    Enter appropriate number (positive or negative ["-"] next to "Audio Gap Correct"
    Click on "ok" and click on next "ok" to get back to main window
    Save with a new filename

(Or, if you prefer to adjust the .AC3 audiostream directly, download AC3DelayCorrect from http://farmi007.bei.t-online.de - and additionally download (and place in same folder) GfaWin23.ocx)

Comment

• anhktepot2003
      • Nov 2003

Thanks for the advice, but I always get an "Illegal MPEG system stream" error message when trying to demultiplex the VOB file with TMPGEnc.

Comment

• petesimon
        • Apr 2002

Open your .VOB files one-by-one with "VOBrator" or "VOBEdit" and extract the MPEG-2 .m2v video.

In TMPGEnc try using its "Merge & Cut" feature. Open one file, change the output file name and just click on 'Run' button.

Also see these forum posts/topics:

Japón!

Comment

• simbalin
          • Feb 2004

Have you tried to create a nwe .ifo for the vob files?

Simple name them as on a cvd with increasing end numbers. Run IFOedit to create a new ifo for all those remaned vob-files.

Greetz Simbalin

Comment

Working...