Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyun7128
    • Sep 2003

Inconsistant burn speed with Nero

I am re-authoring with DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta 5, burning with Nero 6 and using Ritek G04. I have a Pentium P4 with 256 MB Ram and 120 GB hard drive.

If I am using my computer for everyday stuff (emails and surfing the net) and I decide to burn a DVD, it usually burns at 4x without any problem. The funny thing is that if I reboot the computer first, Nero seems to only be able to burn at 2x. I set Nero to determine the maximum burn speed and after it does a speed check, this is the message I get, "Can only write at 2x instead of 4x, because speed of source data is too slow."

What I don't understand is that this seems to happen mainly after I reboot the computer but I should think that rebooting should free up resources on my computer and give it better performance. It seems to be the opposite.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Windows XP Pro
    Pentium 4
    Pioneer A05 DVD-R Writer
    Nero 6
  • deeguy
    • Nov 2003

Nero 5.5.10.5.4 here... I have a similar issue on a Sony DRU-510A. I could write at 4X with Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD with memorex 4x dvd-r. Using the same discs I can only write at 2X. I had this same problem with Nero 6.0.

"I set Nero to determine the maximum burn speed and after it does a speed check, this is the message I get, "Can only write at 2x instead of 4x, because speed of source data is too slow.""

I have the same problem. No solutions though.... anyone?

Comment

Working...