need some information, ( tv capture card) how do i make divx ????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamieuk23
    • Nov 2003

need some information, ( tv capture card) how do i make divx ????

I am a total rook when it comes to using the tv capture cards, i have just orderd the Hauppauge wintv pvr 250 from ebuyer.com....... I was just reading on a forum some were that the Hauppauge pvr 250 can only capture in mpeg 1 + 2. (vcd, svcd)

This realy bad news to me as i have a kiss dp-450 dvd player which supports divx video files, so obviously it would be much better if i could capture the programe as a divx file straight away, for qaulity reasons + beeing able to burn it on to a dvd-r straight away..... Is my only option, to capture a programe from the tv in mpeg 1 or 2, then re-ncode it to divx >??? is there not any other programe i can use which will capture a programe DIRECTLY!! to divx first off all, with out any reincode?????.

As you will problay no, every time you reincode a video file you loose some qaulity, the last thing i want to do is capture it in svcd, then have to convert it again, loosing some qaulity to finaly get my desired out put DIVX.

Can you capture a programe with no compresion, so you get the original then use virtual dub to do the first encode (divx) >????.

thanks to any 1 who helps me out realyu do apreciate it!!!.

cheers jamie
    Last edited by jamieuk23; 15 Nov 2003, 10:27 PM.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

Re: need some information, ( tv capture card) how do i capture to divx ?????

Originally posted by jamieuk23
    i have just orderd the Hauppauge wintv pvr 250 from ebuyer.com....... I was just reading on a forum some were that the Hauppauge pvr 250 can only capture in mpeg 1 + 2. (vcd, svcd)
    thats where ur wrong ur card can do easily upto full dvd quality mpeg2 aswell, and while u wanna record to dvd-r why not make a dvd instead of divx.. frankly dont make sence when u can make a dvd of a mpeg2 file ull already got.

also because u dont need quality loss means ur not looking for smaller files either so go ahead just make a dvd......
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• jamieuk23
      • Nov 2003

when you say i can make a dvd!....... do you mean i can make Digital video on a disk . or do you mean a dvd disk with mpeg 2 on, which is svcd ?????.

Comment

• shiny#3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jul 2003

get yourself the latest version of virtual dub (MOD)
        this will allow you to capture your movies directly
        in divx or xvid or MSmpeg4 refer to the online guides
        about using vidub to capture

Comment

• shiny#3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jul 2003

of course you have to have a decent cpu speed
          800 mhz is enough for a movie of 400x300 at 29,97
          hz 2 ghz is enough for a full dvd resolution 720x480

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally posted by jamieuk23
            when you say i can make a dvd!....... do you mean i can make Digital video on a disk . or do you mean a dvd disk with mpeg 2 on, which is svcd ?????.
            dvd is mpeg2 that ranges frm low quality 2500 bitrate to max 8000 bitrate or even more, a good quality dvd is usually encoded at 8000 kbps variable rate.

vcd = mpeg1 thats 1150 or 1152 kbps

svcd = mpeg2 thats 2500 max kbps also variable bitarte.

dvd = mpeg2 thats min 2500 kbps to max 10000 kbps or more (standard dvd is max 8000 kbps)

so when i say make a dvd that means a dvd disk that will be of perfect quality.

Comment

• atifsh
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2003

Originally posted by shiny#3
              get yourself the latest version of virtual dub (MOD)
              this will allow you to capture your movies directly
              in divx or xvid or MSmpeg4 refer to the online guides
              about using vidub to capture
              u sure virtual dub will capture from Hauppauge wintv pvr 250 as it has its own hardware encoder and most if not all hardware encoders only work with their own capture software .

Comment

Working...