Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaymen36
    • Nov 2003

Encypted file on Jurassic Park 3 problem

I'm trying to back up Jurassic Park 3, Unlike any of my backups I have done, I am having trouble with this particular movie. I use DVD shrink 3 Beta 5 for all my backing up, It's simple and have never had a problem until now. I can analyse the movie no probs, When i click on Back up it starts with no problems, The backing up process gets to 88-89% DvD shrink encounters an Encryption error. It basically says that a file is in encrypted. So i tried using DVD Decrypter and it encounters the same problem. Any Ideas as to how to get rid of this problem?... Or around it?... Or do i hve to just make sure my original Shop bought copy remains undamaged in a glass case.
    I'd appreciate any help and hints,
    P:S... I am a newby to backing up the least confusing advice would be much appreciated lol. I also looked at IFO edit!.. omg.. I am soooooo confused now
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your DVD-ROM(reader)/burner. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10 US.

You might also want to clean your original DVD...

Have you played your original DVD on your PC, to determine that it plays properly from start to finish?

Comment

• Shaymen36
      • Nov 2003

Thanks mate, You are right, The DVD has damage at the 89% area at the End credits. It plays the whole movie and goes haywire in the end credits, Which are never watched anyway lol. Hence the problem with not being able to finish the shrink.
      Thanks for your advice.
      Much appreciated.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

There is a rather interesting cleaner available here with a spinning wheel with flaps on for restoring damaged media. I've not heard any reports as to reliabilty though!
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your advice."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• dnl479
            • Nov 2003

Check out this article for alternate ways to back up this movie.

Comment

Working...