X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave24
    • May 2003

Computer running very slow when burning dvds. *plz help*

Hi Guys.

I have a Pentium 4 2.00ghz with 512mb of ram and a Sony Dru500a dvd writer with Windows xp installed.

My computers goes extremely slow when i burn a DVD. I didnt have this problem before, I used to surf the net whilst burning without any problems until recently.
    The two main programs that i use for burning are Nero 6 and DVDdecrypter, and i have the same problem with both, the buffer level goes up and down and my pc goes really slow and i am unable to do anything else whilst burning. I have even reinstalled windows xp but it started again after a few burns. I have checked in system properties and DMA is enabled. I have tried switching places with my second dvd/cd writer but without any
    success!!. I have even checked to see if i had installed any new software which could slow the burning process, and I havent, apart from SDLcodec pack which i don't think effects the burning process in any way.

If there is anybody who could help me rectify this problem, it would be most appreciated. Is there anything in the bious menu I could check?
    Plz help!

Thanks in advance

Dave
  • ashy
    • Nov 2003

I don't know your config, but don't install your burner on the same IDE channel as any other burners or CDROMs.

If you need it to share a channel then set it as a slave to your hard drive and double check, that it if your drive is a slave, that it is device 1 that is set to DMA.
    Also check that the slave/master jumper is correct on your drive.

If you still have problems try uninstalling the controller that the drive is installed on then reboot.

This will force windows to redetect your drive and reinstall the drivers.
    Last edited by ashy; 30 Nov 2003, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) If you haven't done so recently, defragment your hard drive

2) Are you running low in free hard drive space?

Comment

Working...