Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzyos
    • Nov 2003

Nero Express/ NEC ND1300A

My new NEC ND1300A recorder is supposed to write 4x.
    My media (Memorex Pro) is also rated at 4x.
    Why then does Nero only write at 2x?
  • warrlen
    • Jul 2003

Ozzyos,

I think your firmware must be updated.

I just purchased an NEC ND-1300A today. It should arrive by Friday (from California to Chicago). I read some reviews of this DVD recorder and learned that (1) NEC’s U.S. site offers no support and that (2) the firmware must be updated with software downloaded from a German site.

I did a search for “NEC firmware update,” and was led from one site to another until I found one that appeared to have the firmware update. Trouble is: the site was in German, I’m not sure what I downloaded, and I have no idea of the site’s URL.

After my writer arrives and I install it, I’m going to flash the firmware. If the thing still works, I’ll forward you a copy of the file that seemed to work (I downloaded 6 in all). Or, if you’re any good at German, you can do a search and see what you find.

Comment

• warrlen
      • Jul 2003

Hold on, Ozzyos!

If your NEC MD1300A is retail or bulk, you'll find a link to a download at:

This firmware update won't work for OEM, which is what I bought.

Comment

• Ozzyos
        • Nov 2003

Firmware for ND1300A

The firmware for updating is on the CDfeaks.com site (in English).
        I have flashed mine to the latest 1.08, but this does not help with the speed problem.
        It seems that firmware is specific to certailn brands of media, and Memorex is not one of those covered at present.
        Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...