Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardmmorales
    • Nov 2003

trouble burning SVCD's

I am having trouble burning SVCD's because for them to play correctly on dvd players they have to be burned at no higher than 4x and i am having trouble burning at that speed. With Nero I can only burn at 8x, 12x 16x, and 24x using Verbatim cd-r's. Can someone please help me find something so i can burn at lower speeds for SVCD's. I have tried Nero and VCDeasy and neither seem to help. Thanks for the future help.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

maybe ur media dont support writig at 4x. but why do u wanna write at 4x, yes slower speeds may resolve any problems if any, but that dont mean 4x.

i burn svcds at 16 - 24x without any problem. Also u sure ur player supports svcd format?
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• richardmmorales
      • Nov 2003

Yes my dvd player supports cd+-r, cd+-rw, dvd+-r, dvd+-rw, vcd, and svcd. Its just when I play it during parts of the movie it speeds up and then the audio is off and then it goes back to normal but it does go back to normal then messes up again and back and fourth.

Comment

• AMD2400
        • Jul 2003

What program are you using to encode the video to SVCD format?
        I suggest using TMPGenc Pro, but you might already be using that. Does the svcd file play okay on your computer?

Comment

• richardmmorales
          • Nov 2003

I am already using that program and yes it plays fine on the computer.

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

i suggest u get videostudio 7 trial and do all ur work frm editing to final svcd burning using it and see what happens. dont use nero but vs7 own burning program.

Comment

• richardmmorales
              • Nov 2003

where can i get that at and what do you use to do are you're encodiong and burning to play svcd's on a dvd player without problems.

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

Originally posted by richardmmorales
                where can i get that at and what do you use to do are you're encodiong and burning to play svcd's on a dvd player without problems.

yes i make my dv videos frm dv to mpeg2 with editing. and had no problems.

Comment

Working...