Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samsam
    • Nov 2003

help WITH MY HOME SONY dvd Player

I have done a backup of some movies and it is working fine on my friend's LG home DVD but I could not play them on my Sony DVD player.

Regards
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

Got any more spacific info like say a model number and what media you are backuing up on?

You can try looking through the DVD compatability lists over at www.DVDRHelp.com and see if your player is compatable with the media you used to make the backups.

Comment

• samsam
      • Nov 2003

I used DVD shrink software and nero software, all job done successfully the problem :-

MY dvd-r copy is working on LG DV7821P "work perfictly"

Other SONY (DVD/CD/CDRW/MP3) models No. DVP-NS305 & DVP-N5530 not working it shows no disk message ??

Is it possible to upgrade them to read the DVD-R

Best regards

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
        • Sep 2003

The LG 7821 is capable of playing CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW It can play VCD, SVCD, MP3, and WMA.

In my opinion LG is a hell of a decent brand and I would take it over just about any other brand. I have LG burners and DVD drives for my PC and they are outstanding.

The NS305 is capable of playing CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW It can play VCD, SVCD, CVD, XVCD, XSVCD, MP3, and WMA (this is a damn decent player acording to specs).

I cant find anything about a N5530.

Well the NS305 should be able to play this (and odds are the 5530 has simmiler or better specs so it probly should to). Can it play any DVD-R's at all or is this the only disk you tried? It may well could be that it just dosnt like the brand of disc you chose to use. Just becose a player is capable of reading a certain disc format does not neccesarely always mean it can read all brands of discs.

Comment

• samsam
          • Nov 2003

Thanks

I have solved the problem.

Please refer to my post "To All Brothers and Sisters" to help others if they face the same problem.

best regards.

Comment

Working...