Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XVID avi plays video+audio for first 20 seconds, then only audio...help?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ragingbull2k2
    • Nov 2003

XVID avi plays video+audio for first 20 seconds, then only audio...help?

Hey everyone....

I know Im a n00b to this forum but im generally not a n00b when it comes to playing divx/xvid. This video plays the same everywhere: WMP9, WMPCl assic, Winamp, and even AVI Preview. The first 20 seconds or so are played with audio flawlessly. After that, only the audio is played for the remainder of the video (80min).

I loaded this avi into V-Dub 1.5.9 and I get the following error when I load the avi (bottom of screen): "Error decompressing video frame 0: An unknown error occured (may be corrupt data), (error code - 100)". Then when I "Scan video stream for errors...", I get the following text at the bottom of the screen: "120606 frames masked (3675 frames bad, 116931 frames good but undecodeable)".

My question to everyone is if I can somehow salvage the time I spent downloading this video? Maybe getting rid the of the bad frames or something. What can I do? Please help me.

Thx in advance,

RaGiNgBuLl (Joey)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like a horribly corrupted file -and since you state that the "audio plays flawlessly", I'd speculate that:

A) You've downloaded the filefrom a P2P source and

B) It was intentionally created that way (perhaps by someone in support of the MPAA or, more likely, just one of the nasty little kids who get their kicks out of suckering people looking for illicit "freebies")...

Comment

• ragingbull2k2
      • Nov 2003

hmmm....damn, I was afraid of something like that, but I got this off of a REALLY reliable P2P source and not by searching it, but through a website, http://www.suprnova.org (sorry if I violated a rule, but this website doesn't host any files themselves)...

also, this avi (note that I never said movie) is of a Guano Apes concert from this year...I dont think someone with the MPAA would have done this...maybe my download was corrupted and not intentionally...

do you know of any way I could fix this?

thx a lot,

RaGiNgBuLl (Joey)
      Last edited by ragingbull2k2; 29 Nov 2003, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"do you know of any way I could fix this?"

Nope - not with, "120606 frames masked (3675 frames bad, 116931 frames good but undecodeable)".

Comment

• ragingbull2k2
          • Nov 2003

mmm....I think Im going out on a limb here, but could you please at least tell me what all "masked" items are?

RaGiNgBuLl (Joey)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎