Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stretch
    • Nov 2003

A/V sync problem with divx 5.1 playback - Advice appreciated

Hi, i'm new to the forum, and and kinda a noob - if anyone has any advice for my problem that would be really cool.

I made a divx 5.1 movie and when i play it back the audio is too early. When I used the audio delay to get the beginning of the movie to be just right, the end of the movie is out of sync still by a few seconds.

my procedure:

for the video i used virtualdubmod to convert the .vob file to divx 5.1. - just the video. for note, the vob file plays perfectly in sync.

For the audio, I extracted the AC3 file from the .vob using smartripper and dvd2avi. I then converted it to mp3 vbr using headac3he.

Then I used nandub, with direct stream copy for both audio and video, to merge the A & V.

Like I said, i redid it with an audio delay but that only fixed the start of the movie, later on the audio was early again.

Using the old windows media player 6.4 instead of 9 gave me the same thing.

In the divx movie player that comes with divx pro codec 5.1.1, the audio is too late by a few seconds instead of too early, wierd huh.

I've tried using constant bitrate audio and that didn't fix it.

Am i forgetting to do something? any advice at all would be appreciated, thanks.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

any possible delay should have been indicated by dvd2avi by writing something like *delay -80ms* into the filename

did you find any such indicator?

use virtualdubMOD for muxing and use the correct delay value that might have been included in your filename

Comment

• Stretch
      • Nov 2003

the filename was AC3 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 4ms.ac3

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍