Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalweiner
    • Nov 2003

DVDClone Question

When you start up CloneDVD and import the movie and you select the video file you want to backup there is a slider at the bottom that tells you the % at what the movie has to be re-encoded at to fit onto a dvd-r. I check off the option to "preserve menu".

Now when you click "next" to get to the next screen you get to choose what audio tracks, subtitles and extras if you want any. My question is, how do you know what the movie is going to be re-encoded at now? i mean it still cant be at the % of what it said from the previous screen since you are eliminating audio tracks. It would be nice to figure out what its going to be at. Does anyone know how to get around that?

Digital
  • arche214s
    • Nov 2003

Actually, it DOES transcode to the settings on the previous page (or something close to them). It seems stupid, but I set the ratio so the final movie would take up the whole DVD-R, removed some audio tracks, and the final product was several hundred meg short of a full disc.

I highly recommend DVD Shrink instead. It's much "smarter" than CloneDVD, and it will do a 2-pass VBR transcode for much better video quality.

Comment

• digitalweiner
      • Nov 2003

Allright i will give DVDshrink a try. I am trying to keep just the menu and the main movie and found that clone at least you could. Instant Copy 8 says you can do it but it keeps parts of the movie, ie. FBI warnings that i want to elminate. Thanks for the reply.

Digital

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎