• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gingerese
    • Nov 2003

Capturing Digital Video onto a computer

Capturing Digital Video onto a computer

Here's the situation:

I have a Digital8 Sony Handycam, model DCR-TRV720. It is NTSC. I am trying to capture images, both still and movies onto a hardrive, Pentium 4. The problem is that the damn thing has a computer link, but it is not a USB cable. From the looks of things, it is a LANC/ Digital I/O Port. It plugs from the camera to the back of the PC. I have some cheesy software that came with it, which is PictureGear 4.1 Lite. It has a memory stick and takes digital photos as well as video, but the problem is I have no idea how to capture it. The software connects to the camera, and acknowledges a connection, but that is about it. Do you know how to capture video? Or at least access my digital photos?
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

It sounda like the cam is working correct sence the PC is detecting it.

Without having the software here to check or the camera for that mater I cant realy tell you how to do it. I'm sure the software has some documentation explaning the procedures. Try hitting the F1 key and see if help pops up and have a look in the programs install directory.

The cable for connecting it is probly firewire

Comment

• rsquirell
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2003

Digital Video is captured thru the firewire....but a Hi8 is VHS...which needs either an internal capture card or external device to capture. The higher the resolution of the device/card the better the capture. Popular external devices include the Pinnacle DVC-150 and the Canopus.

Comment

Working...