dvd decrpter ripping speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FAIRLIGHT

dvd decrpter ripping speed

hi aal bit new to this,can some one give me a hint how to get get my pioneer 106d to rip faster than 2.1x when ripping using dvd decrypter,my friend usually gets up to about 12x with the same drive.i have a athlon 2400xp 1gb ram os xp pro .please help many thx jason
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Make sure you've turned on DMA for your drives

2) Find out if there's a firmware update for your Pioneer

Comment

• glen4cindy
      • Nov 2003

You can very well try setarip's suggestions, but, some drives will not rip any faster due to CSS protection.

Good Luck

Comment

• FAIRLIGHT

thx dma 5 is on but still only ripping at 2x,firmware 1.07 downloaded follwed instructions but nero tool still registers it as v.1.05

Comment

• ashy
          • Nov 2003

Where did you get the firmware from?

You need the hacked 1.07 firmware. The pioneer is limited to 2x ripping. If you apply the hacked firmware it will lift the restriction allowing 12 x ripping and also make your drive region free.

You can find it here:

Comment

• DaSoP
            • Nov 2003

Hm... my plextor 708A rips at 2x also... BUT when i was ripping from my pioneer 120S the speed was about 10-12x with lots of problems... With plextor no problems! So use your recorder for better results! slower but safer!

Comment

• ashy
              • Nov 2003

I don't think it's good advice to tell someone to use their burner to rip.

DVDrom drives are much cheaper than DVD burners, so why prematurely wear your burner out by ripping disks.

You shouldn't really be having any problems ripping with a DVDrom even at such high speeds.

My pioneer 114 DVDrom rips at 9x max and never gives a problem, so maybe you got a dodgy config or maybe a dodgy drive.

Having said this I have used my pioneer 106 burner on several occasions for ripping getting about 9 - 10 x without any prob.

There is a workaround to get the Plextor to rip at max speed.
              The work around is to hold down the eject button for 3 or 4 seconds until the light comes on then insert the DVD you want to read from and it will read at max. As soon as that disc is ejected it will return to the 2X default so you will have do to this every single time you want to read at the Max.

Comment

• DaSoP
                • Nov 2003

I am having my pioneer 120s about 10 days! It new! but I 've noticed that in some movies produces coasters(am i writting it ok?) like lotr-fellowship and lotr-two towers. I think that there has to be something about the drive and who well can read the protections... I've noticed also some other movies that have the same protection with lotr the same effects...Sticking scenes and stuff! Thanks for the advice on plextor ashy I will try it!

Comment

• ashy
                  • Nov 2003

Sticking scenes and jerky playback is usuallyrelated to the media and burn speed you are using.

If you are using 4x to burn your media then this could be your problem.
                  Not all media rated at 4x will burn MPEG data successfully. MPEG data is more error prone than normal data which probably WILL burn fine at 4x because of the inbuilt error protection and parity data that is added to the disk.

RITEK disks are usually pretty good at burning at max speed whereas with Princo media you can just forget it unless you want countless errors.

Here is a test to see whether it is your ripper or writer which is causing the problem.

Once you have ripped ALL the files off the disk to your harddrive put them in a VIDEO_TS folder then use either WinDVD or PowerDVD to play the movie from the folder.

If it plays ok then you know it's not the rip, if it doesn't then obviously it's the ripping speed.

Comment

• DaSoP
                    • Nov 2003

I was using ALLSTAR DVD-R GENERAL ver 2.0 4x and from about 15 movies 2-3 had sticking scenes! Those movies ripped again from plextor 708A(not from pioneer 120S) and burned again at 4x in same discs and know its just fine! Lately I bought tayio yuden (that's) DVD-R 4x made in japan.Until now no problems but I'll have to test again the pioneer 120s with same movies so as to see if the media is the problem! Anyway many thanks for your advices i am new to dvdrs(i own the plextor about 40 days)!

Comment

• DaSoP
                      • Nov 2003

Ashy are you there? I did the trick with the eject button and i've noticed only a slight increase in speed...(about 3.4x) But I've noticed also that the pioneer 120s now starts the ripping proccess from lower speeds...Exaple usually it starts the ripping from 8x up to 12x max.Now? it starts from 3.4x with max 9.4x... Any suggestion? thanks anyway!

Comment

• ashy
                        • Nov 2003

Are both drives in DMA mode or PIO.

Comment

• DaSoP
                          • Nov 2003

both dma! BUT I think I solve those sticking scenes! From when i removed copy2dvd which had the pafin-coufin engine I don't have any problem at all! I think that somewhere were a conflict with drivers... Anyway thanks a lot man! You 've been a great help! Keep up!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎