X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Old Man
    • Dec 2003

Region Free Code for Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Video Recorder

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct Forum but its DVD Recording Hardware related so here goes....

Hi all,

I am thinking about purchasing a Panasonic DMRE-50 DVD Video Recorder. I live in the UK and have been looking for some good deals. However, before I commit I want to ask a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could answer them:

I will be connecting the DVD Recorder to my Sky+ Satellite/PVR. The main purpose is to record from Sky+ my favourite programs/movies but also to send them to a friend in the US so that he can see some UK TV programs not available in the US.

1. As I intend to replace my current region Free DVD Player, a cheap Pacific DVD-750 made mutli-region, does anyone know where I can obtain a mutil-region code for the Panasonic DMR-E50 or if one is available? I have seen a Multi-region version of the Recorder available but its out of my price range. if I can't get a Multi-Region code for the Panasonic DMR-E50, I'll have to keep the old Player.

2. This model supports DVD-R and DVD-RAM. Does that mean it will also support DVD-RW discs or do Recorders specifically mention this? If I recorded a program on DVD-RW, I would be able to erase it perhaps via my PC's Pioneer DVR-106 burner so that I could use it again, thus replacing the need for a VHS Video Tape Recorder. (Some things you just want to share with friends at work for example, and when they come back you want to erase and reuse.)

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Graham.
    Last edited by The Old Man; 3 Dec 2003, 01:07 AM.
  • pjc
    • Jun 2004

if I can't get a Multi-Region code for the Panasonic DMR-E50

Hi,

do you have step by step instructions (including codes) for making my Panasonic DMR-E50 Multi-Regional??? if you do can you please e-mail them to me at chambo10@ntlworld.com.

Cheers!!!

paul

Comment

• lee bates
      • Aug 2006

hi
      can you get a free step intructions on dmr e50 to make it multi region
      thanks lee

Comment

Working...