Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvdL
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ashy
    I don't think you are going to be able to fix this. It seems you may have something missing from the main IFO.

I usually re-author DVD's with IFOedit and IFOupdate.

On one occasion I had to re-author a DVD by copying it's menu from it's original IFO to a newly authored IFO.

The DVD played fine with menus and all with WINDVD, but the menus would not work correctly on the DVD player because the selections would not highlight.

My DVD did infact work if I made selections by using the number keys rather than navigating with the arrow keys. It's just that I couldn't tell what I had selected.

Try it, select a number on your remote that relates to the selections on screen. For example lets say you have 'Play movie', 'Features' and 'Audio setup' in the menu and you require 'Features'.
    This would mean you would need to press key 2 on the remote.

The number keys usually relate to selections from left to right.
    You are right, this works. A good solution if the selection selections of the menu will not highlight and you cannot selected them with the up and down keys of the remote control
    One problem, suppose you selected "Scene Selections" by pressing 2 of the remote control
    Then , for example, there appear let's say 9 chapters of each 6 movie chapters each.
    I can select the first four chapters with key 7,8 and 9, but what about hte other 6chapters, how would i select these ?

But you really think, there's no other solution to get the menu options highlighted on the tv screen ?

Comment

• ashy
      • Nov 2003

Like I said the the selections are numbered sequentially.
      Lets say you have menu, in that menu you have chapters 1-6 and at the bottom of the menu you have an arrow for selecting the next set of chapters.
      You would then select key 7 because this relates to that option.

Infact your arrow keys are probably still working, it's just that you don't know where your current selection is, but if you use your number keys and make a selection you will then know where to start from and then you'll just have to use you intelligence to move to the next selection that you require with the arrow keys.

I agree there must be another option to rectify this because the problem lies in the IFO somewhere. There is something that the DVD player needs in the IFO to display the highlights that software players don't. It can't be the abscence of subpics because it wouldn't work on the PC either if that was the case.

If anybody knows what the problem is I would be most grateful.

Comment

• ashy
        • Nov 2003

Sorry when I posted this I didn't read your question properly.

On your remote there should be a 10+ key or something similar. You would press this then the next number you require, so 10+ 2 would be 12.

You should have 0-9 and 10+ keys on your remote.

Comment

• EvdL
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ashy
          Sorry when I posted this I didn't read your question properly.

On your remote there should be a 10+ key or something similar. You would press this then the next number you require, so 10+ 2 would be 12.

You should have 0-9 and 10+ keys on your remote.
          Right again ! Thanks.

Still I hope someone gets with a solution to get the menu options highlighted and then to be selected by the remote control.

Comment

• Myrob
            • Dec 2003

I have found a solution!!!

I thought why not try the latest DVD-shrink beta version. And all of a sudden after I made the backup the missing files vob files as described in this thread were in my target folder. (although they were not size 0)

I Burned it, and now my backup DVD works with the menu as well, just as the original does

So try using the latest beta-version of DVD-shrink!

BTW, I saw the creator of that program posting around here. A big big thank you for your marvelous program!!!!!

Comment

• EvdL
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Myrob
              I have found a solution!!!

I thought why not try the latest DVD-shrink beta version. And all of a sudden after I made the backup the missing files vob files as described in this thread were in my target folder. (although they were not size 0)

I Burned it, and now my backup DVD works with the menu as well, just as the original does

So try using the latest beta-version of DVD-shrink!

BTW, I saw the creator of that program posting around here. A big big thank you for your marvelous program!!!!!
              You were one step ahead of me. Really, I was just about now to mention this in this topic that the solution was to use version 3 beta 5.

This is super Yes, I agree a great program.

One think I noticed.
              When making a full back up of one of my dvd's (incl. menu's), I had to compress to level 10 (45%). The next level was Still pictures.
              When using version 3 beta 5, the automatic rate was 55% and with ratio you can get the rate even higher. How can that be ?
              My question also is, with what rate do you still get a good quality ?
              Last edited by EvdL; 11 Dec 2003, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...