Audio on PC but not on standalone dvd player.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watrboy00
    • Dec 2003

Audio on PC but not on standalone dvd player.

Ok I have read this topic and this is kinda the same problem I am having,

Talk about DVD authoring and editing, including support tools such as PgcEdit, MenuShrink...

I am converting Xvid .avi files over to MPEG-2 compliant dvd files using TMPEG-enc and outputting in .m2v and .mpa. (I have even tried other avi formats as well with no avail)

Once I have them I am using IFO Edit to make my vobs and then nero 6 to burn my dvd.

I have a Sony & JVC standalone dvd player that can play dvd+r disks(which I am using to burn my movies).

On the Sony dvd player I get video but no audio. And I have tried switching audio settings on both my dvd player and reciever.

On the JVC I get both audio and video but it will play for about 2 secs then skip back a sec then do that for about 30sec total and then actually eject my dvd disk tray.

I have gone thorugh and tried other programs to encode and author the dvd but I get the same results on all. I just want to make a menuless dvd out of my movies.

Also I dont know why but IFO edit makes vob files and such but for me to burn as a dvd so why when I play it in both dvd players does it says its a MPEG-2 DVD. Retail dvds only show as a DVD, so how come this shows as a MPEG-2 DVD? I know the vobs were created from a mpeg-2 .m2v but arent all retail dvd mpeg-2 videos as well? Please correct me if I am wrong or tell me if it matters or not.

Thanks.
    Last edited by watrboy00; 3 Dec 2003, 08:45 PM.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

You are correct in that DVD's are MPEG2. Why your player is defining a difference I'm not quite sure.
    Are you puting everything into the VIDEO_TS folder and burning that with an accompanying empty AUDIO_TS folder onto your DVDR in "DVD compatible" mode in Nero?
    Are you sure your standalone accepts what you're using? Is it + or -R?
    Lastly, are you using a named brand of media?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• watrboy00
      • Dec 2003

Yea everything is going into the VIEDO_TS folder in the dvd compliation when burning in NERO. nothing goes into the AUDIO_TS folder. It is empty.

Both DVD players will play -r/-rw & +r/+rw

I have tried Memorex, TDK, Fuji Film, and Phillips.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Once I have them I am using IFO Edit to make my vobs"

Try using "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") or DVDLab instead of IFOEdit to author...

Comment

• watrboy00
          • Dec 2003

I have tried both programs to create the dvd and both of them produce the same results.

Comment

Working...