Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanandjilluk
    • Jan 2003

Pioneer A06/106 not finishing discs....

I have just bought a new Pioneer A06/106 and have a problem that is bugging me..

the first 2 discs I have burnt have been fine but since then (apart from one occasion)...

Whenever I write a DVD, (so far ive used CloneDVD V1.3.11.2, DVDShrink 3, & DVDDecrypter V3.1.5.0 ) all my discs are getting stuck in the DVDwriter when it goes to finalise the disc.

It write the disc fine but once it gets to the final stage it stays there and doesnt move at all! the only way I can get my disc out is to manually shut down and reboot. This is obviously becoming unbearable! so i need to fix it!!!

this has happened to about 10 discs.

The media ID of the recordables I have is: INFOSMART01
    It is a: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D firmware V 1.07
    I have used all the programs stated above and have been getting problems with them all.

Please if anyone has had the same problem let me know or if anyone knows whats going wrong!

thanks in advance!
  • ashy
    • Nov 2003

Yeh, I used to get this problem.
    I have the same drive and firmware as you and have noticed others with the same problem.

I can't really tell you the solution, but I think it has somthing to do with Burning software/burner incompatibility.

I use to get this problem where the disk would burn right till the end and finalize in NERO, but the program would just keep going and not finish, the only way to end was to shut down.

I updated to the new version of NERO and not had this problem since.
    I would also check your config too, are your drives set for DMA?

Comment

• seanandjilluk
      • Jan 2003

hi, sorry for the delay in replying, whats dma?

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Direct Memory Access - in Windows 98 under Device Manager, you should find a DMA tick box in the properties menu for your hard drive(s) Not sure where it is in XP as I'm at work on the old steam model at the mo
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• johnnyknoxville
          • Dec 2003

hi! i've the same dvd-r and the same problem

...mmm i can't find that "dma option" under winxp, if sameone knows how to find it, or how to fix this problem thanks in advance

Comment

• ashy
            • Nov 2003

You will find it under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers then click properties for the channel your drive is connected to.

Comment

• Twagios
              • Jan 2004

To check DMA in XP:

Go To,
              Start
              Controll Panel
              System
              Hardware
              Device Manager
              IDE/ATAPI Controllers
              Double click IDE channel (Check em all if not sure)
              Advanced Settings
              Set Transfer maode to DMA or Ultra DMA mode 2 if applicable.

Comment

• Lee Fields
                • Jan 2004

I had the same thing on that drive with those disks. Finaly figured out that the end of disk is really roapy on the edge. I dropped my target size to 4.15gb- 4.2gb, and it sorted that out. If you go for maximum target size or near target size, the end is so poor that the brurner runs out of lead out space but cannot recover, so it gets stuck in a loop and you have to reboot to get your disk back. Even then I bet your playback is awfull in the last 10-15 mins of the film, if it plays at all towards the end!
                Solution= stear clear of 54p disks if you want a full backup! Ritek G04 and Goallover (G04 type) are 70p now!!!
                AMD 2600XP 2.1Ghz - Running at 2.4Ghz
                Gigabyte GA-7VA
                IGig DDR 400Mhz
                HDD 1 80GB
                Maxtor HDD 2 120GB
                Nvidia FX 5700 128Mb
                LG 16x DVD rom
                Pioneer 106D 4x
                1.1MB Broadband connection

Comment

• coo
                  • Jan 2004

I have got the same writer + firmware, i use the bulkpaq -r and -rw discs with no problems.i burn with nero 6.3.0.0 and have not a has a failure yet in around 25 to 30 dvd's written.Recommend DVD Shrink to rip to hard drive,quality is very good in different stand-alone players i have tried with the discs. ps paying 60p per disk + 75p per re-write disk in Stoke on Trent ! Excellent value,send message if you want their web address.

Comment

• Lee Fields
                    • Jan 2004

I've had mixed results with Bulkpaq. Last lot I had were the white printed generation 4, 4x DVD+R. I could only get a decent burn at 2x, running at 4x would result in constant jumping and freezing during playback. At the moment I am going with a new disk called Goallover (G04 type) 4x -r. I have went through about 70 of these so far with no coasters and they burn right up to the edge. Brilliant at 70p. You can get them at Digital Promo.
                    AMD 2600XP 2.1Ghz - Running at 2.4Ghz
                    Gigabyte GA-7VA
                    IGig DDR 400Mhz
                    HDD 1 80GB
                    Maxtor HDD 2 120GB
                    Nvidia FX 5700 128Mb
                    LG 16x DVD rom
                    Pioneer 106D 4x
                    1.1MB Broadband connection

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Jan 2004

Hi, everybody

If you will test your discs with DVDDecrypter before burning (by placing a blank disc in writer, starting DVDDecrypter and setting to ISO Write, DVDDecrypter will tell you how much space the disc actually has, manufacturer, etc.). You don't even have to have a movie ready to burn to do this. This program has even been used to identify some discs sold as Memorex and actually of another brand, big stink about that.

DVDDecrypter is a ripper/burner and will burn dvdshrink files with IMG Classic v. 0.91.1 assistance, or rip a D-5 in Iso mode and then burn that iso movie, very good burns.
                      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• osion
                        • Apr 2004

Nero recode

Hello I am a newbie.

:.)

I have been using Nero recode and burning my disks with my 107 @ 8 speed with the hacked firmware.

And as other folk on hear have mentioned I use Goallover printable but I have been buying them for £0.48 pence per disk from http://www.nexus22.com

As any one else used nero, I have used shrink but I dont like the newer versions.

:.(

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎