Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbq
    • Dec 2003

Quality DVD Backup Guide

I've been trying to follow this guide for the last week plus, with no good results. After trading messages with a few folks, I got a bit of more accurate information, particularly regarding the versions of software that are listed at the top of the guide. (In reading some of the messages here, no version listed on the software guides seem to be a general problems with those writing the guides, btw).

But, the biggest problem I have with it is right at the end, the section titled "Copying and IfoUpdate". In steps 6-9 where files are loaded into Ifoupdate, no action is listed to process the files, only loading and saving them is listed.

I've tried the 'Update IFO' button, but the ifo files become corrupted and nero (among others) throw up when asked to burn the results.

So, I'm at a loss. In most of the rest of the guide it is very specific about which operation to launch in each program, at this juncture it is specifically vacant.

So, what gives? Any ideas? Author?
  • Indi
    • May 2004

Re: Quality DVD Backup Guide

Originally posted by dbq

But, the biggest problem I have with it is right at the end, the section titled "Copying and IfoUpdate". In steps 6-9 where files are loaded into Ifoupdate, no action is listed to process the files, only loading and saving them is listed.

I've tried the 'Update IFO' button, but the ifo files become corrupted and nero (among others) throw up when asked to burn the results.

So, I'm at a loss. In most of the rest of the guide it is very specific about which operation to launch in each program, at this juncture it is specifically vacant.

So, what gives? Any ideas? Author?
    I know that this post is very old, but I wonder about the same question. Nero dont want to burn the files. When I use ifoupdate should I just load the files and that is it? For I have tried this one time and then the scene was not in right place and powerdvd have some problem to open it. I have to open one and one .vob file. When I push the Update IFO Button. And correct vts sectors, and now powerdvd open the movie. But I can not burn it with nero. Is it right to push the button, for it stand nothing about it in the guide.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎