Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmithjr
    • Dec 2003

Problems with codec?

I just got a new media center pc. Everything worked great. Then I loaded some movies I had. in order to veiw them I had to load the DivX codec, which I did from DivX.com. Then I veiwed the movies. looked good but i couldn't hear them. After a little research I found out that I needed the AC3 codec. I found it and loaded it. The movies look and sound great, but now in media center the live TV is telling me that it has a video error, files needed to display videoare corrupt or missing. I can play recorded TV but not watch live TV. In event view it tells me that the faulting application wmplayer.exe, faulting module AC#audio.ax.

Has anyone else had this problem? I tried unloading both codecs and the TV still won't work. HP's solution to everything seems to be to wipe it and start over. It seens like I should be able to reload something, I just don't know what. Also is there a better set of codec to use?

Thanks,
    Jim
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you're running WinXP, simple do a "restore" to just prior to installing the codecs you've mentioned...

Comment

• DAvenger
      • Nov 2001

Use - http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1068572413 to uninstall the AC3audio.ax (what kind of AC3 codec is that anyway?) and get AC3Filter or Moonlight Odio Dekoda.
      Non Progredi, Est Regredi

Latest experimental version : RadLight 4 multimedia player (BETA 1 build 2) | Submit a bug report or request a feature : Click here | Latest SDK : Outdated (work in progress)

International RadLight forums : Deutsch | Español | Français | Portuguese | Slovak/Czech

Comment

• jimsmithjr
        • Dec 2003

I did the restore and reloaded the drivers and it worked fine. thanks.

I have TV programes and home videos I want to edit. take out commercials, and on home video, the part before and after recording. What is the best program for this? What is the best in terms of money? (cheapest, and up) I have a limited budget, but need something good.

Thanks again,
        Jim

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

TMPGEnc DVD Author does all I require. 30 day free downloaded trial. Sensibly priced
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• jimsmithjr
            • Dec 2003

I also have a DVD player in my van for the kids. We have a LOT of VHS videos I would love to transfer to DVD. I can copy the video to the hard drive but what do I need to do to get ride of the copy protection?

Jim

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I did the restore and reloaded the drivers and it worked fine. thanks."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎