X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prinzNeo
    • Sep 2003

audio and video out of sync after conversion

Hi all !

I converted this DivX file to mpg using the following method but i have an out of sync audio and video file:

I first saved the wav audio from the file using VirtualDub then i used TMPGEnc to convert it to mpg.

The resulting mpg file's audio is running ahead of the video.

So what could be the problem?

Here is the file info:
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Did VirtualDub generate an information notice stating that the audio was in Variable Bitrate ("VBR") format?

Comment

• prinzNeo
      • Sep 2003

No

Virtual DUB did not generate any message.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You can resynch the MPEG file as follows:

1) Load it into TMPGEnc

2) Set mode to the proper MPEG format (Same as your file)

3) From under the "Advanced" tab, put a checkmark next to and then double click on "Source Range"

4) Enter an appropriate positive or negative amount of milleseconds (thousandths of a second) next to "Audio gap correct"

5) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• prinzNeo
          • Sep 2003

i dont seem to have fixed the problem as yet.

I increased the audio gap by +500 ms but the problem still remains after conversion.

The audio comes first then the you see the lips movement in the movie.

am i doing it right??

also i loaded the divx avi file into Gspot and tried to render but i dont see the audio path and when i try to play the avi file in media player i dont get audio playback even though Gspot is showing i have two compatible audio codec installed. could this be a problem ??

please help setarip!

here is the Gspot info:
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I increased the audio gap by +500 ms but the problem still remains after conversion."

I believe you're going in the wrong direction. Enter a NEGATIVE ("-" instead of "+") value...

Comment

• prinzNeo
              • Sep 2003

okay

will give it a try and let you know

thanx.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"thanx."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• prinzNeo
                  • Sep 2003

now i have converted the file.

this time i set the audio gap to -500 ms like you told me to and the audio and video is in sync now but only upto half the length of the movie. as the movie progresses it is again going out of sync and increasing as the movie nears the end.

how can i fix this?

also if you could tell me why i am not getting audio playback from the original divx file? i seem to have all the codecs installed.

i seem to be lost as to what i can do next !

Comment

• JackT
                    • Jun 2002

if your audio is in sync at the beggining of the movie but not at the end you will have to change the movie frame rate to make them have the same lengh (check both files to see if yours do).

I use Avi Information to do that, but it is still a pain in the *, because you have to try a lot of values until you get it *about* right (I never could get it perfect). There is a guide for it somewhere...

I don't work with mpgs besides doing the inverse of the conversion you want, so I don't know if there is a prog that will do the same for mpgs.

I take the original avi is in sync, no?

Comment

• prinzNeo
                      • Sep 2003

i dont know if the original avi is in sync or not because as i mentioned in my earlier post that i am not getting audio playback from the original file.

am still at a loss !!!

Comment

• JackT
                        • Jun 2002

humm, i've just looked at the screenshot of your original post.

Your framerate is ntsc, which is what always gives me problems.

When you convert it to mpg, does the prog change the framerate (maybe to pal)? If it does, can you tell him not to? changing framerates always gives out-of-sync problems.

Either than that, you could extract the audio from the avi using virtualdub and verify if it has the same lengh as the video. If it is not then the original avi is not in sync. that you can fix with aviinfo like i told you, even if it is not easy, maybe before trying to convert it to mpg.

If it is the same lengh, you might wanna try to convert the video from the avi but using the wav file for the audio. I expect that the prog should allow you to do it. Then see if it is in sync.

Comment

Working...