Poll of what Brand dvd Burner(s) you have?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D_trizzy
    • Nov 2003

Poll of what Brand dvd Burner(s) you have?

Please only vote for the one(s) that you truely have

Hi i was thinking of getting a DVD Burner in the future. I have been doing some little reading here and there about it. But nothing big has come up on what is benchmarked as good or bad. And i just wanted to take a poll of what brands people use the most. I for the most part like to go against the flow of popularity but for pc hardware, im a sucker for the mainstream.

As of now i only know about a few name brand drives so ill just list them in this poll im trying to make up.

Plextor - difinative brand maker of the highest quality cdrw writers

Philips - not sure if they even make drives but they did invent DVD+R's with Sony and some other companies in japan i believe

Pioneer - seems to be popular to my friend that bought one

Sony - the king of electronics and the xbox killer also the blue ray inventor

TDK - all i know is the make some good cdrs

Toshibia - dont know why they are making drives, but i guess everyone wants to be on this bandwagon. all i know about this company is the make the best Notbook pcs in the world that are affordable.

LG - have there CDRW drive and its nice, no issues so far

Lite-ON - they just seem to be the popular cheap drive makers. that are good for burning backups (Aka Piracy). i just know the nerds use it so i like them now.

Well if theres any more that i think of or that you want me to post give me and email Edit that email the admin, cause i cant edit the poll listing.

Can anyone else make a poll up for Media types too? besides just the cheap stuff like princo and the good stuff Ritek. if your media is listed as one brand. can you double check if its manufactured buy Ritek or any other dvd-r or +r Makers? I Know for fact that Nero lets you check for cdr-rw disk. And i have some that are manufactured from different companies and rebranded as TDK or Sony ETC. Yeah right now its not checking the media right for me but i think under the directory of nero and then nero info tools. you should be able to see what the real disk is made at. i just want to know whats the best to use and whats hot and popular.
    Plextor
    0%
    Sony
    0%
    Pioneer
    0%
    Toshiba
    0%
    Philips
    0%
    TDK
    0%
    Lite-ON
    0%
    LG Electronics
    0%
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Interesting you don't have the NEC 1300 listed. Quite popular here in UK - mine doesn't like Princo disks!
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• D_trizzy
      • Nov 2003

Oops oh hell i missed that one. oh well i guess we can get the admin to add it. Well if a administrator sees this poll can you add the NEC to the List? cant they redesign this so that the person that post can add more options? or maybe im just stupid and there is a way???
      Last edited by D_trizzy; 9 Dec 2003, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Plextor 708-A.

It works perfectly well (never have problems nor complaints on any of my media burners anyway). As far as my experience with burners go, they are all more or less the same, hence my advice: go with the well-known brands and the cheaper one from the pack. You will be getting the best deal this way.

Regards.

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

I have the Optorite DD0203 and no problems so far

Comment

• BLACKGHOST
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Sep 2003

I have the PIONEER A05 and use princos. Not a problem!

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Why am I the only one who has voted on the poll so far??

Comment

• D_trizzy
                • Nov 2003

Cause everyone missed the fact that its a poll lol. did any of you find a deal for the plextor before. i keep checkign www.techbargains.com and other sites like www.fatwallet.com
                i know they are the best but why o why are they the best? It just seems like they over charge a bit to much for highest quality brands. but maybe im a fool and always underestamate the man
                Last edited by D_trizzy; 10 Dec 2003, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

I got mine for approx. US$280 in Singapore about a month ago. Don't know if that's a good deal to you or not, but the Plextor happened to be the only 8X burner available at that time (and I was in the country for that day only, so I just grabbed it).

Regards.
                  Last edited by Enchanter; 10 Dec 2003, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

I don't personally care about which brand is "of better quality" than the rest. I have had no problems with any past burners I owned and the Plextor is just another perfectly working burner ,from my point of view.

Hence, if you find anything cheaper (and of a well-known brand), then by all means go for it. I doubt you will be disappointed with it. A fraction of minute difference in burning time is nothing significant to "bitch" about.

Regards.

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Come on, people!

Vote On The Poll!!!

Comment

• LonelyWolf
                        • Dec 2003

pio 105 i think the best, but it's only -
                        ritek g04 16mins and that's all!