Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loeli
    • Dec 2003

authoring or burning fails!?!

i tried to author mpeg files (which i converted to dvd standard using tmpgenc) with tmpg dvd author. so far there seems to be no problem. when i open the ifo/vob with powerdvd on my hd they play fine and without problems. but when i burn them, no dvd (whether standalone nor pc-dvd) can read the dvds.

i tried to burn in nero 6 (udf and dvd-video), and in dvd author itself. the result is the same, dvd does not start. funny is that a few weeks ago, it worked without problem, self-authored dvds and backups of existing dvds. then my old burner nec 1300 failed to work and i bought the lg 4040.

does anybody have an idea what could cause this problem? is it a software issue?

Installed are:

Nero6
    ulead power dvd tools
    dvd movie copy
    dvdx
    flaskmpeg
    instant copy

im running a 2700+ amd machine with 512 MB RAM and winXP
    Last edited by loeli; 11 Dec 2003, 12:10 AM.
  • loeli
    • Dec 2003

additional information

compared to the old dvds that worked, there is a track in the dvd that seems to be deeper than the others. since its in the beginning of the dvd, may it cause the dvd not to be read correctly?

or could it be that a minimum amount of data must be on the dvd? the dvd is only about 2.4 Giga.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by loeli; 11 Dec 2003, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"then my old burner nec 1300 failed to work and i bought the lg 4040."

If all other things remain equal (Meaning that you're using the same version of NERO and the same brand of media, and the same procedures), sounds like your new burner may be problematic...

Comment

• loeli
        • Dec 2003

hmmm

im using other medias but you are right, the rest remains untouched. does it matter to which ide-port the burner is connected?

i think it has something to do with authoring nevertheless, because backup of cds are possible. but i will check that for being sure.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"im using other medias"

This, then, could be the source of your difficulty...

Comment

• loeli
            • Dec 2003

nah dont think so

i tried different ones. have you seen the picture i attached? isnt that strange? i am just backing up a dvd and will burn it afterwards. i will post tomorrow if it worked or not. and i have a firmware upgrade. will try that as well. but i mean its strange nevertheless.

i backed up a burnt dvd and that worked. so in the burner i can open the dvd. but not in the dvd and on the standalone.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"have you seen the picture i attached?"

yes I have - and that's one other reason (assuming it appeared AFTER burning) that I said:

"sounds like your new burner may be problematic..."

Comment

• loeli
                • Dec 2003

precision

ok basically i would have to move the thread becuse:

self-authored dvds play in both drives in the computer
                a complete backup (4.3 gigs) plays in the standalone.

so what i think is, that it has something to do with the amount of data on the dvd.

dvds with 2.5 gigs dont play in the standalone but the ones with 4.3 do.

is there a way of filling the dvd up with junk so that the player thinks its 4.3 gigs?

Comment

• loeli
                  • Dec 2003

workaround

ok, i ve filled the dvd up with junk just to let it be over 4 gigs, and they play in the standalone as well. now that is very strange.
                  but the result was that the dvd did not play all tracks. when i fill it up with more vob's then it does play.

anyone an idea what kind of files one can add to the dvd without making it unplayable and into which folder these files to put?

Comment

Working...