Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: problem after ifoedit

Default problem after ifoedit

K I'm having a problem. Everything worked fine a few months ago then I got the updated copies of dvd decripter and ifoedit and imgtool.

This is what I'm doing tell me whats wrong.

I rip to HD using DVD decrypter in file mode.
    --if after riping to files I go to img tool and create a new 8gb image that image will mount and play using Daemon img mounter.
    Then I go to ifoedit and open the VTS 2 and then I split it.

After this point if I go into imgtool and create a new img file for lets say disk 1 and mount it, I cant play it.

Also dvd decrypter is not doing the highlighting of the main files like in http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/18_4.html They all come up as highlighted blue.

I'm confused. So confused. It used to work perfect!

--if after riping to files I go to img tool and create a new 8gb image that image will mount and play using Daemon img mounter.
    Why do you need to create an image if you are using IFOEDIT?

If you want to play the VOBS as a DVD then just put all the files into a VIDEO_TS folder and use WINDVD or POWERDVD to play directly from the folder.

The image creation is an unecessary step and the way you are going about it just seems longwinded for no reason.

Also dvd decrypter is not doing the highlighting of the main files like in http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/18_4.html They all come up as highlighted blue.
    You need to check the box for 'Main movie files' under the 'File mode' tab in Tools>settings

I use ifoedit to split into two dvds.

and the reason for the mounting of the files is so to test the img b4 I burn it to dvd

and the reason for the mounting of the files is so to test the img b4 I burn it to dvd
    Like I said a waste of time.

If you put the reauthored files into a VIDEO_TS folder and use PowerDVD or WINDVD in folder mode it will treat the folder as it would an normal DVD hence be the same thing as making an image.

true however I need to split the files then put them into iso's so I can burn to dvd using dvd decrypter.

any way my problem is in the spliting not in the iso making

true however I need to split the files then put them into iso's so I can burn to dvd using dvd decrypter.
    Why not just burn the split files direct with Nero or another program such as Recordnow max?

because I dont want to pay for nero... if you have a freeware option I'm open

Ok then I have them split perfectly, the files open fine by themselves. BUT when I go to make a .img or .iso file using ImgTool the mounted file (via Virtual Daemon) will not play via Power DVD or any other media player.

Have you tried creating the images with IFOedit itself?

You also might be interested in this:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/burnatonce.php

There is also a plugin to use with burnatonce called ProDVD which allows burning of any type of DVD format.
    Last edited by ashy; 17 Dec 2003 at 09:42 AM

Thread Information