Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Copy Protection Help

Default Copy Protection Help

I hope this is the right forum for this question because I'm new here. Anyway, I'm having trouble with backing up a copy of Wrong Turn. I have managed to rip the DVD to my hard drive using DVD Decrypter and it plays back fine from there. However, after I copy the VIDEO_TS folder from my HD to a DVD+RW disc, the movie will not play from the disc. I've used the same procedure numerous times with other titles without a glitch. I'm using B's Recorder Gold to write to the DVD+RWs. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way around it? The file size is identical to the original and I checked for RCE, which has been removed. It appears there's some sort of new copy protection that they're using.

"However, after I copy the VIDEO_TS folder from my HD to a DVD+RW disc, the movie will not play from the disc."

1) On your PC or a standalone DVD player?

2) Are you able to playback the ORIGINAL on your PC or a standalone DVD player?

Default Copy Protection Help Continued

I can play back the original disc on my PC and set top player. I can play back the rip from the HD on my PC. I can't play back DVD+RW copy on my PC or set top DVD player

"It appears there's some sort of new copy protection that they're using."

There is NO new protection (RCE, used in an extremely small number of DVDs, is the newest - about two years ago).

You've either got a bad piece of media or, perhaps, your burner could do with a cleaning. Maxell makes a DVD/CD cleaning disk that retails for approximately $10US...

Thread Information