Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD-Rom regions - what happens with two drives?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZKK
    • Jan 2002

Hi, I live in Australia and have recently purchased a DVD-Rom drive - and after seeing some of the USA titles coming up that will never be released in Aus (or are heavily cut), I've been looking up about the regions, number of region changes etc. and was wondering what would happen if you had two DVD-Rom drives in the same computer...?

Could you say have one set to, and locked on Region 1, while the other is say Region 4?

Or does the changing and eventual locking of hardware regional settings happpen via a Windows component, or software etc, hence changing both DVD-Rom drives when I change the regional settings on either, leaving me with two drives the same?

Thanks for your help in advance.
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

There are two kind of lockings
    The software Locking which u can bypass with DVDGenie (And at worst case with a format)
    The Hardware locking (In this case the 2 DVD's). It locks to the region u select the fifth time u change it.
    Why don't u just upgrade your firmware of your DVD to a region Free instead of having this irrational and unreasonable thoughts?
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• ZKK
      • Jan 2002

Well I am talking about hardware locking... 5 changes and the drives locked etc. etc. right?

But the way I see it, is if I 'update' the firmware I'll most likely ruin the drive I've got anyway - not having much knowledge about these kind of things. So if I have to buy another drive anyway, why not try and save the one I already have.

So, would it work? Having two hardware locking drives, running different regions?

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

Yes it would be working but it is still unreasonable.
        U just download a simple program and flash the firmware man!!! simple as that. If u don't start trying experiment (with caution though) with your computer u will never learn anything and u still be here asking irrational questions
        Try it carefully

Comment

• ZKK
          • Jan 2002

OK, I'll look into the firmware option little more and see if I can attempt it.

Can I hold you responsible if I wreck a drive?

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jan 2002

Sure u can hold me responsible just be caruful follow the instructions and don't expect a full refund lol

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎