feel like crying

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • polecat
    • May 2003

im playing the DVD from windows media player, im using main concept for encoding and tmpgenc for author and burning too, but ive used the same programs for other movies too and they have been fine.

Comment

• ashy
      • Nov 2003

You shouldn't use Media player for DVD's, it is crap.
      Also as far as I know Media player can't play a DVD from the HD.
      It can however play the VOBs, but not as a normal DVD, so you won't know if the DVD structure is OK or not.

Are you simply just playing the VOBs in mediaplayer?

You should use a proper DVD software player such as WinDVD to play the DVD from your Hard drive as it will behave exactly as if it was a normal DVD in your set top player and any problems can then be seen.

Comment

• polecat
        • May 2003

sorry i didnt mention that when playing the movie on the windows media player it was an xvid file and the movie played fine, it was only when i burnt it onto disc and played it in my standalone player is when it froze.

Comment

• ashy
          • Nov 2003

This bit of info you missed out is quite important, so I'm glad you've updated us.

It looks like there is a problem with how the DVD has been encoded or authored.
          Does the MPEG play from the hard drive OK before authoring?

As I say you need to download WinDVD and then use file mode to play your DVD from the harddrive first to make sure it plays OK.
          Make sure you put all the DVD files in a folder called VIDEO_TS then just use WinDVD's file mode to play from this folder.

This will then allow you to see whether or not the DVD structure is ok and works as it should.
          If it does play OK then it must be a burning problem.

When you have this info post back with the details.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎