• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

Why im pissed off with the British Sports Public

You know what the worst thing is about the British winning anything?? They never shut the feck up about it. When im watching the soccer on tv all you hear is "oh Johnny wilks would be proud of that". They dont realise, that thats part of the reason why the rest of the world hates the British. They are bad losers and even worse winners. Arrogant bunch of knobs. It really does bug me. i've nothing against Rugby, but come on...its not on the same par as soccer. Yet we have all the media hype talking about Rugby possibly being the next biggest british sport????? Huh??? Did you know that the average amount of people watching a live game of Rugby in the UK on a Saturday and Sunday, wouldnt even fill up half of the seats in Man Uniteds Old trafford Stadium? Come on you stupid brits, get off your high horse and realise that winning the Rugby World Cup isnt the best thing since butter. in fact, you could say that you are under achieveing since as a big sporting nation, you win feck all. Maybe you should be ashamed its the first European or world cup in any of the big sports since the 1966 World Cup. Could you imagine it if they won the World cup in soccer??? My god David Beckham would be crowned king of England. The British menatlity is, "Why does everyone get irritated by us"?? Try recording yourselves and playing it back to a neutral and you will find out. Damn it really pisses me off........

Not let me get one thing clear, i dont have anything against the Brits, but they really do need to learn how to be good winners. The type of winners that people look at and say well done. I would like to see England doing well in the Euro 04, since Ireland are out, but i couldnt stand them winning because of how arrogant they are. Am i on my own in thinking this??

Glad i got that off my chest. A similar comment made by me in an email to both Skysports News and Radio fivelive was read out on both. Some unhappy replies to it and the commentators just laughed after reading it. But i guess they were the type of people i was talking about...
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk
  • digidragon
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2003

You do know that it was England that won the Rugby world cup...? And that English is not the same as British...?

There were several British teams in the world cup. One of those teams, Wales, did well. But it was England, not Britain, that won.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Yeah, can't stand how they always refer to Manchester United as the "Champions"
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

oh - that was a stab at me admin

Digidragon, I do realise that there is a difference between England and Britain, and recognise your point.

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

Re: Why im pissed off with the British Sports Public

Originally posted by Oriphus
          David Beckham would be crowned king of England.
          You mean to say he isn't?

Oh my gawd!! Does Buckingham Palace know this?!?
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

Egad...did the mad irishman lose another one? And isn't that Beckingham palace?...just a dumb american here.
            Last edited by rsquirell; 19 Dec 2003, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Oriphus
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Aug 2003

lol - Beckingham Palace will probably be home of the royals if the English press get their way. But for now its still Buckingham palace with some old doll in it.

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

forgive the ignorance of us colonists.

Comment

• Oriphus
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Aug 2003

lol - colonists

Rugby would be fun to play if all the current Rugby players arent a bunch of feckin twats, well here in Belfast anyway. Its all the Snobby schools play it and all the players think they are God's. Do you know how many Rugby players i've gotten into fights with because they think they are big toughies. Well, not that many actually, bout 5 in recent years. But the point is, they always think they rule the roost. I cant stand their arrogance just because they think they play a big tough mans sport. Out of my 5 or so fights i had with "Big" Rugby players (And some where considerably bigger than me), i beat all 5. ITs not because im a good fighter (though i boxed for nearly 3 years) or that im a heavy fella (im 13 stone, but very fit), its because they always think they are tougher just because they play Rugby. Damn it, it irritates me.

We had an intersports day at football training where our Soccer players played soccer afainst the Rugby players (who were sliding in everywhere on us) and then played Rugby against them. Rugby is piss easy. You dont even need a good scrum. All our footballers were 10 times fitter than the Rugby palyers. We whipped rings round them. I scored a try as well.

There's another thing that really irritates me. Why call it a try when u have scored???? I was watching the football and the fecking commentator starting talking crap about football following the example that Rugby set with the Sin Bin???? Hello, Rugby were just copying numerous other sports, but you couldnt tell an English commentator that. Maybe Rugby should follow the example of footballers, and not use a stupid shaped football that has a probability factor everytime you kick it. Where's the skill in that. You never know where it is going to land.

Rugby players, admit it. All you are are fat footballers who couldnt make the cut. If you admit it ill be happy. And,even worse, some of you even think you are good looking. Has anyone ever seen a good looking Rugby player?? Johnson the captain look like he's been in a war, Wilkinson is no better. Ugly fat men sport. Thats what it should be called, not Rugby

Comment

• rsquirell
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Feb 2003

Gad...give an Irishman a soapbox...or his own thread...

Comment

• Oriphus
                      Digital Video Technician
                      Digital Video Technician
                      • Aug 2003

lol - its my yearly rant

Comment

• Reiss
                        • Jul 2003

as an Englishman, though not really a sports nut, i gotta agree a little.
                        we do suck at sports, i watch the football when england play & have forever been dissapointed.
                        the sport is filled with many an 'old timer' who still believes we are as good as we used to be and refuses to accept that we are simply not.
                        beckham is many a persons hero due to the relief that we actually have someone with some talent out there.
                        to say we are an arrogant country is a little inacurate. i currently live in the usa and these feckers blindly believe that they are the biggest and the best at everything, most americans aren't even aware that there is a world out there!
                        and dont get me started on amercan football (or gay rugby as we brits like to call it!)
                        but, as a well travelled individual i gotta say that the world & its ocupants are pretty much the same everywhere, there are wankers where ever you go, and downright good folk & quite a few inbetween (except for france)
                        so god bless us all & have a great new year.
                        P4 3ghz Prescott
                        1gb Kingston hyper x
                        Radion 9800pro
                        200gb sata
                        Win XP Pro SP2 MCE'05

Comment

• Oriphus
                          Digital Video Technician
                          Digital Video Technician
                          • Aug 2003

"Gay Rugby" - LMAO haha

I do agree with those points. Speaking of David Beckham, what an improved player he has become and his life style suits Real Madrid more than Man Utd so i think its been the best career move for him ever. He will be one of the best footballers if he keeps playing the way he does for Madrid. I just hope he doesnt come back to haunt us.

Comment

• rsquirell
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Feb 2003

"Gay Rugby"...I've heard Rugby players eat their dead...but this throws in a whole new diminsion.

Comment

Working...