X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marsman
    • Aug 2003

recording dvd

Help any one please!!

I have an ATI "All in wonder video card" and a stack of vhs tapes.
    My ATI card can record in many different formats mepeg 1/2, avi,
    etc...

My question is
    1. What format would I use to cature my video to the hard drive?

2. what are ALL the steps involed to put this video on to a DVD that will play on ALL dvd players?

3. Is there a way to compress a movie Like DVD express and have it fit one one dvd

Marsman
    Last edited by marsman; 19 Dec 2003, 10:21 AM.
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

You can use software like Ulead Movie Factory, to capture the video and create the discs.

The video has to be captured in DVD format which takes a lot on space up on the hard disc.

However, I tried this with a TV card and it is very unsatisfactory. It takes ages and the results are not very good.

Comment

• marsman
      • Aug 2003

I have found a program called visual studio 7 from ulead that is real simple and easy to use! This program works great but have found if the movie is longer than 2 hours long of course it will not copy it to one dvd.

So to get around this I use use the progam to convert to the Vob and then use a program called clone dvd to compress it to one
      cd-rom...

Comment

• ashy
        • Nov 2003

I would capture to something like MJPEG in high quality at 704x480 then use TMPG to re-encode to MPEG2.
        Don't bother trying to capture directly to MPEG2 DVD format. The results are usually very unsatisfactory.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎