X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik_N
    • Dec 2003

Cutting VOB files

Can i cut a VOB in halve?

Cause if i can cut if before the subtitles it might just fit onto a dvd.

Maybe a other trick to reduce MB's to fit them on a dvd?

Thnx in advance

(problem with this movie is, it has about halve an hour **** after the main movie in the last VOB, and i can let that VOB away)

(extra question; if i want to open a IFO with DVD shrink it says it cant find the ifo, even when i open the ifo himselfs, which he automaticlys open with DVD shrink, it says it cant find the file??)
    Last edited by Erik_N; 23 Dec 2003, 02:44 AM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

You could just use DVD Shrink to compress the entire title. Have you first ripped the movie to your hard drive, or are you trying to work from the disc?

Comment

• Erik_N
      • Dec 2003

Ripped it to my harddisk

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

Open DVD Shrink and click on the "Files" icon not the "Disc" icon. Then select the Video_TS file and your movie should open. Select the main movie–usually "Title 1" and choose a level of compression that will fit it onto one DVD-r.

Comment

• Erik_N
          • Dec 2003

That way i get an error:'(, that the file doesnt exists.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

What program did you use to rip the files to your hard drive? My advice is to use DVD Decrypter. Use the file mode option. That way, you'll get all the necessary files in "uncompressed" form. After that, try to open in DVD Shrink by "Get Files". Also, make sure you have all the DVD related files (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB) in a folder called: VIDEO_TS–all caps. DVD Decrypter should do this automatically I believe.

Comment

• Erik_N
              • Dec 2003

I use DVD Decrypter:'(

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

The only other thing I could suggest is try and merge all the VOB files (the one that starts with "VTS_01_1", not "VTS_01_0". Replace all the separate VOB files with the newly merged VTS_01_1. Move the original separate VOBs to another folder (Don't THROW away!). Then try and open in DVD Shrink.

Comment

• Erik_N
                  • Dec 2003

Other question then, when i ripped a DVD here, with DVD Decrypter, i have 4 VOB files, and a IFO. If i want to burn them, Nero gives an error, "Compliance failure, sure u want to burn? Might be unplayable for DVD player" something like that.

Somebody perhaps knows what im doing wrong?

(i also have tried it in a way, i had 2 ifo's and 2 BUP's and the four VOB's , this didnt mattered. Getting sick and tird of dvd ripping, wont work:'( )
                  Last edited by Erik_N; 23 Dec 2003, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Other question then, when i ripped a DVD here, with DVD Decrypter, i have 4 VOB files, and a IFO."

Then you have ripped "movie only", which is unacceptable. Read the following carefully:

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO"
                    Last edited by setarip; 23 Dec 2003, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Erik_N
                      • Dec 2003

Well, i found out.

I ripped the movies again, to two different partitions, and for one dvdshrink gives an error, and for the other it works:-@. So strange.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎