X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenJ
    • Dec 2003

Audio & Video Out of Sync

Greetings,
    I used DVDshrink for the first time on a store-bought video. I was able to get the file under 4.7G (I really like the easy interface). I watched the file on my PC and it looked and sounded fine. However, when I burned it to a DVD using NEODVD and my Pacific Digital burner, and then watched the DVD on my PC, the picture was of lesser quality and to make matters worse, the video and audio was way off (same problem on my stand-alone player). Obviously the problem isn't with DVDshrink. I have other DVD authoring software but NEODVD is the only one that recognizes the VOB files. I just don't where to go from here. By now you probably have noticed I'm a newby so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
    StephenJ
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Don't use NeoDVD, try a trial version of Nero or Copytodvd. other programs include burnatonce (I believe that is free and works for - drives) and Recordnow Max.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"the picture was of lesser quality and to make matters worse, the video and audio was way off (same problem on my stand-alone player)."

Sounds like you might benefit from using higher quality media...

Comment

• StephenJ
        • Dec 2003

Thanks for jumping in...
        I'd like to be able to use an authoring package so that I can make my own menus. Any recommendations that will work with the VOB files??

StephenJ

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc"), or "DVDLab"...

Comment

• ashy
            • Nov 2003

I'd like to be able to use an authoring package so that I can make my own menus. Any recommendations that will work with the VOB files??

You may as well use a proper encoding program such as TMPEGenc or CCE to re-encode the VOBs to MPEG2 and then build your own menu's.

This way you will acheive a better quality output for a smaller file size.
            DVDshrink does a good job. But quality wise is not as good as TMPG or CCE.

Being a newby I would recommend NERO for burning.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎