X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • estampie
    • Dec 2003

I am new here, how do I create a DVD Compilation

Hello,

I am new to this board. I am seaking for a soloution, I have recorded an MPEG 2 File with Video and Audio from a DVB Card.

And now there is a problem to burn a DVD with this MPEG File. Nero Burning ROM 6.3 said that I have to create first a complete DVD Compilation with Video_TS VOB and IFO and Audio_TS files.

But I am not able to create this? How may I do this.

Please help!

thank you very much

best wishes Estampie
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

You first have to "Author" the mpeg 2 file in order to turn the file into a set of DVD "compliant" files (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). You have indicated that you have captured a video source through a "DVB Card". Be advised that you can't just "burn" an mpeg 2 file to a DVD-+r or rw disk and expect it to play in a standalone DVD player. It has to be in specific DVD file format.

You need to use an authoring program such as TMPGEnc DVD Author or Sonic MYDVD-to name a couple-to achieve your task.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) If not already DVD-compliant, use "TMPGEnc" to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this (This step may not be necessary, if your MPEG-2 filies are already in DVD compliant format)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎