Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike72677
    • Dec 2003

Lost with burning!

I've wasted at least 1/2 a dozen DVDs trying to burn one. I can get them to burn, but can't get them to play on my DVD player in my computer or stand alone DVD player. I can play the burned VOB files though on my computer with WinDVD. I used DVD shrink and just ripped the main movie only. No menus or anything. Is that my problem? I did successfully burn a DVD that WILL play in WinDVD, but the beginning is like chapter 6 or 7 and the movie is ALL out of order. Any help at all? Thanks in advance!!
  • ashy
    • Nov 2003

Once DVDshrink has completed there should be the VOBs and several other files labeled .IFO .BUP and so on

You then need to burn these files in the correct format with a suitable burning program, one that can burn in the UDF format.

I would suggest NERO.
    Use Nero's DVD video burning option and then place all the files which DVDshrink creates into the VIDEO_TS folder and burn.

Comment

• Mike72677
      • Dec 2003

I've burnt them using Roxio Easy CD Creator Classic 6. I'm using Memorex 4x DVD-R's and a Panasonic/Matsu****a LF-D310 drive. And my home stand alone DVD player is a Panasonic RV-31K. Any more ideas? Thanks!

Comment

• ashy
        • Nov 2003

I can't give you any advice on using Roxio easy Cd creator because it's crap.

Download Nero as previously stated which has a full 30 day demo and use the DVD video mode.
        If there is anything wrong with the files at all Nero will tell you. if not then it should play fine in your DVD player.

Comment

• berk
          • Dec 2003

I put all of the files in the red folder, but it still didnt work...any ideas?

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"I put all of the files in the red folder, but it still didnt work...any ideas?"

Have you tried a different brand of media?

Comment

• ashy
              • Nov 2003

Did Nero give you any error messages or did it just burn no problem?

Does the disk play OK in your PC?

It could be as Ormonde describes, your player may not be compatible with either DVD-R disks or just te ones you are using.

Comment

• berk
                • Dec 2003

It must be my media cause its DVD-R, and i havent tried any other media...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎