Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Any thoughts on the new TDK?

Default Any thoughts on the new TDK?

I was looking for reviews or impressions of TDK's new 8x dual format writer (model AID+840). I searched the internet (pages and groups alike) to no avail. For me it's a choice between this or the Plextor (same features but $70 more).

Thanks,

Lee

As far as I can determine, this machine IS the Plextor- which is why I just bought one. I've had excellent results with my TDK-branded Plextor CD burners in the past (and won't use anything else), and expect nothing less with this unit.

I'll be installing it this weekend. I won't have much in depth to report, but I'll try to give everyone first impressions.

-Pink

"This sure is some swell trash!"

Default Re: Any thoughts on the new TDK?

Originally posted by leef
    For me it's a choice between this or the Plextor (same features but $70 more).

Are you sure about this...I looked at the TDK and it lists for $279. I only paid $200 for my plextor 708A.

I have the Plextor 708A and have NEVER made a coaster. The drive is fast and reliable. Using 4x disc get over 6.75x burn speed. Only thing missing is dual layers, but from what I am hearing that is coming down the road in new burners in early summer. If the New TDK is the 708A in disguise.. and is cheaper than the Plextor.. buy it.

Originally posted by gmboot
    If the New TDK is the 708A in disguise.. and is cheaper than the Plextor.. buy it.

I agree

Thread Information