Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • New2This
    • Dec 2003

Movie is in slow motion with DVD Shrink

I am a newbie, and went step by step using DVD shrink. I got the files to my hard drive, then used Nero Burning Rom and put the files in Video_TS file with i think compliation (sp). Then burned them to a DVD RW. When i tried to view it with Power DVD it was in slow motion.. wouldnt work with my sh** Toshiba DVD player. Any help for a new guy? I believe it was a DVD 9......... Its the first disk to my Wife's Pirates of the Carribean..
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

What level of compression did you use in DVD Shrink?

Comment

• New2This
      • Dec 2003

It just said No Compression, Auto, Ratio and Still Pictures.. I used Auto

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

DVD Shrink Beta 3 will automatically set the proper ratio to fit on a DVD (- +) r when you "open disk" and it first analyzes the DVD-that is if it is not a DVD9 or larger. With the "Ratio" option, you can set the level of compression manually. So if you left it on "Auto", it set the compression for you already.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

I saw from your initial post that you indeed do have a DVD9 movie. In this case for quality sake, you may be better off splitting the film on 2 DVDr disks. Also, you might want to check out the "Mixed Compression" guide for DVD Shrink.

Comment

• New2This
            • Dec 2003

I dont mean to sound stupid, but how do we know its its DVD 9 or 5.. I was guessing by the size. Is this correct? I would rather put it all on one disk if possible. But i guess using dvd shrink that's not possible..

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Then burned them to a DVD RW. When i tried to view it with Power DVD it was in slow motion.."

If the DVD Shrink-created DVD "package" on your hard drive plays properly, but the burned DVD plays "in slow motion" both on your PC and your standalone DVD player, the problem has NOTHING to do with DVD Shrink. Rather, it's a burner problem, a burning software problem, or (most likely), poor quality media.

(Use NERO in "DVD-Video" mode and place ALL DVD-related files in the RED "VIDEO_TS" folder)

Comment

• New2This
                • Dec 2003

ok.. here's goes another stupid question. How can i tell if the packaged files on my hard drive play correctly? I havent tried that yet. What do i need to start the files playing?

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

A software DVD player, such as WinDVD or PowerDVD...

Comment

• ashy
                    • Nov 2003

I dont mean to sound stupid, but how do we know its its DVD 9 or 5
                    Easy, load disk into drive, click properties of drive. If DVD size is over 4.5 GB it's a DVD 9 if it's less it's likely, but not necesarrily DVD 5.

If you are only interested in the movie on the DVD and not the extras and menus then DVD shrink can reauthor the DVD and just encode the movie which will fit nicely on to one DVDR with good quality.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎