X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jd417
    • Dec 2003

Playback Problems

Hi folks,

I'm new to DVD burning and am looking for help. After several attempts I've just burned my first DVD. I've converted a DIVX file to vob and burned it to both DVD+RW and DVD+R. The DVD+RW works fine in my PC and on two different DVD players. The DVD+R works only on the PC. Can anyone offer any help or advice plaese?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

After creating the .VOB, you have to use an authoring program, such as "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• jd417
      • Dec 2003

Thanks setarip. After reading other posts on the site I used all of the above programs to burn the DVD. They've burnt fine but as I said in the post only the DVD+RW works on my DVD. I've tried the DVD+R and a DVD-R in another machine and they work fine so I'll try different brand sof DVD+/-R until I find one that my DVd player likes. Thanks again.

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

You need to see if the player will actually work with DVD +R before you buy more.

Check here.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• jd417
            • Dec 2003

Thanks nwg. I followed the link and my DVD player is compatible with both DVD+R & DVD-R.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎