DVD x copy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judy Stanley
    • Jun 2003

Dear Elaine tried to find the shrink prog at web site you gave me-don';t see anything listed there that looks like a free dl or anything called shrink.Could it be called something else.Site is quite confusing they have evrything from soup mto nuts,Could you please see if the program has any other name besides shrink. Any chance you could send it as an attachment to me email or anything else you can think of. Maybe another site tried doom9 didn't see anything called shrink either-thanks for all your help.You said the program was in French I speak english is that going to be a problem for me to run it when I find it or get it.
    J

Comment

• elaine.cole
      • Apr 2004

Hi Judy, sorry you are having a hard time. go2 www.doom9.org then click on download then a whole list of stuff comes up, go right down page to heading VOB Tools (show ll VOB tools) there you will see DVD Shrink 3.1.7, you can save it by clicking onto that directly or you can click on "site" next to it and the official shrink site comes up, choose English, then blue page comes up, Under specs. next to License: Freeware (click on freeware).
      I have an earlier version of shrink and dont wont to risk getting update - you know what they say if it aint broke dont fix it. The French program is CopytoDVD which you will find www.vso.com I think but let me know. Did I send you the Shrink Guide before?
      email me elaine.cole@ntlworld.com as I go around in circles sometimes on these forums and cant remember all the details to tell you.

Comment

• elaine.cole
        • Apr 2004

Judy, have checked everything out - so - if you want the guide and the older version of shrink go to www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/141024.php when that comes up, go through pages until you reach DVD-9 to One Recordable DVD using DVD Shrink (the details are actually on pages 17 to 22 inclusive - so try and print them out) Under this heading it says Tools required - Optional - DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink 2.3 and CopytoDVD (Trial) If you click on any of these three you will go directly to site to download. If you want to go to copytodvd site is is www.vso-software.fr the version is 3.0.6 and click "try". You may well have a burning program already that suits, but I could not get on with Nero, Pinnacle or Roxio, so I went for the vso program. As I said I was getting the free trial for yonks, re-installing it after every couple of weeks until, it would no longer work, so I had to buy the program in the end but I think it was only around $30.00 and you get a cd burning program as well which was not available in the trial. If the latest version of Shrink is not to your liking (I havent seen it) you can always click on the link in the guide. Hope this helps.
        Regards
        Elaine

Comment

• elaine.cole
          • Apr 2004

P.S. to last one, although it is a French program, it is so easy to use. Just open the program, find the TS Ifo folder, choose the recorder, and hit Go or whatever it is. It shows you everything in the Guide I have given you in last message.
          E

Comment

• xixgrifterxix
            • Jan 2004

thanks for the help elaine.

i have another question for who ever can help me out. i've been trying to rip two dvds using dvdxcopy platinum, dvd shrink, and dvd decrypter and i've been getting the same results, either the program freezes, or i get an error. both are foreign movies, but i've ripped other foreign movies before with out any problems. i've tried cleaning the dvd, and using a different dvd rom to read it, but it still won't work. any suggestions?

and also, has anyone tried ripping a dvd using dvdxcopy and when you try to burn it on nero, the ripped files are too big? why is that?

Comment

• elaine.cole
              • Apr 2004

DVD X Copy

Hi,
              Can you be more specific - where does the program freeze up in each of the prgs you mention. Have you managed to burn and then the picture freezes or what. Sounds too much of a coincidence that both DVD's have faults but when I am suspicious of a dvd or the blank that I have used to burn on, I always run it through on a standalone dvd player with fast forward until the end. In my experience, if the original disc fast forwards right through then it cant be the dvd (dont go chapter to chapter as that doesnt pick up faults I have discovered) I dont know anything about 321 progs as after the poor trial I got, didnt bother with them.
              I did have dvd recently that was corrupted at the end where titles were and I found that through shrink, re-author and hit the start/end button and chopped it off. Obviously if these foreign films have subtitles you cant use re-author unless you are very clever and I am not. Give as much info as you can and will try to help.
              E

Comment

• elaine.cole
                • Apr 2004

Sorry if this might not be the right part of the forum but it involves avi's, conversion, etc. I have had 650MB avi file for weeks that I couldnt delete and would not convert because it was corrupted. Anyway, last night I found the magic KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE file which has to be removed. Apparently it is a bug in Windows XP which prevents deletion. It worked a treat for me. So if anyone is interested please ask and I will type it in as it is very long and wont bother if nobody needs it.
                Elaine

Comment

• Judy Stanley
                  • Jun 2003

Hi Elaine-would be interested in how to delete files from XP I sometimes have the same problem and can't get rid of it no matter what I do. If it isn't too long maybe you could send it to my email or put it on a disk and mail it to me.It ups to you maybe a lot of people are having the same problem.

Thanks
                  J

Comment

• elaine.cole
                    • Apr 2004

Hi Judy, I havent got your email address but will put it here for you and others. Any probs, send me your email and I will send so you can print it off. I presume you know you need to go to Run, then type in regedit and then very carefully look for the following registry key. It may take you a while as there are hundreds and hundreds of keys to skip through. Just make sure that every number and letter are the same in the last bit. Here goes
                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D9 4-71B 3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32
                    Let me know how you get on.
                    Elaine

Comment

• xixgrifterxix
                      • Jan 2004

hi elaine. i can't even burn onto a dvd. its not the burning part that i have problems with, its the ripping part. the programs won't finish ripping. here are the errors i get:

DVD DECRYPTER:
                      I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0} COMBO IDE5216CO 0K52 (G

ScsiStatus: 0x02
                      Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 3C 2A E1 00 00 01 00
                      Interpretation: Read (10) – Sector: 3943137

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00
                      Interpretation : Illegal Mode For This Track

DVD SHRINK:
                      DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue

Failed to read file “G:/’

Incorrect function

DVDXCOPY:
                      Error occurred reading sectors!Data: 7 / 272

Comment

• Judy Stanley
                        • Jun 2003

Elaine-kind of new at editing the registery haven't done it before sounds scary what if I screw up and delete the wrong thing. If you send it by attachment will i be able to follow the printed instructions. judy_stanley@yahoo.com definately don't want to remove the wrong thing by mistake.Maybe I can find someone to help me out thats more experienced than I am-Thanks for the info
                        J

Comment

• elaine.cole
                          • Apr 2004

Hi Xix, Sorry getting blearyeyed as its past midnight here. It sounds as though there is something wrong with both discs which is quite a coincidence, unless there is finally a dvd been made that wont "backup". You say you have used foreign discs in the past, can you put an old one in your drive again, and open Shrink just to make sure, nothing wrong with drive now. Is your drive region free and what are the regions of these two discs. I have had a problem with decrypter in the past giving similar error but was okay with Shrink, so now I never bother with Decrypter even for 1 layer disc as I like to re-author and get rid of trailers etc. Just as an experiment, do you ever convert back to avi? Worst come to worst, you could try that and see if that works and at least you will have reasonable quality avi, then convert back to dvd. A bit of a long winded procedure and you will lose some quality, but cant think of anything else if disc wont read. E.

Comment

Working...