Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wannabeburning
    • Jan 2004

Help me decide please

I want to get a dvd burner (already have a cd burner & dvd rom) but am unsure of what exactly I want or what to look for. The only thing I know for sure is that it will be an internal drive and that I want to be able to backup my movies. I have Nero 6 Ultra and have even gone so far as to download the dvd decrypter, & dvd shrink to practice with in the meantime. If you need more information, I'll be happy to provide.
  • KingElvis
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2003

I don't know where you are located but around here the LG 4x +/-R +/-Rw and the lite-on 4x +/-R +/-RW are the best buys (around $149.00). They have now come out with an 8x but they're a bit more expensive.

They're also coming out with dual layer burners soon... maybe spring, so I would keep that in mind.

Comment

• JohnDx2
      • Jan 2004

I have a Sony DRU 510A, which burns DVD-r, +r, DVDrw. I have had really good luck with this. You might want to check the quides available in the DVD Shrink web site and Doom9 Website. Really good guides and easy to follow. Watch the quality of your blank discs. Sometimes not so good.
      Good Luck on your burning

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

wannabeburning.

Hi,

The Pioneer 106D is now $135.00 (with free shipping) @ meritline.com. It is a 4X dvd-r burner and will also burn +r's.

As to the dual layer disc in future : Pioneer recently demonstrated to the public that the A06 (106D is same) will burn the dual layer discs with a firmware update. which means no need to buy another burner for dual layer discs. Also, Pioneer specifically said firmware "update" (free download) and not "upgrade" ($$).

You may also want to download IMG Tool Classic v. 0.91.1 (a freeware) which will take the shrunken 'Shrink files and turn into an ISO image which Dvddecrypter will burn automatically.

While you are practising with 'Shrink and DVDDecrypter, you can also practice with Classic.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎