Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dansisler
    • Jan 2004

"ripping" vs "DVD Copy"

rather new to the whole computer based DVD burning and have been using the following system to "backup" DVDs :

DVD Shrink > NERO ..... and have had great success so far.

I am wondering if the "DVD Copy" function of NERO is just as suitable for this purpose for _copying_ DVDs? This path would be only used for "copying" already backed up DVDs and those under 2 hours in length. In the CDr burning world, it is called "on the fly" and shunned upon by many. Is that the same case here?

Thoughts? suggestions? etc etc?

thanks in advance....

Dan Sisler
  • rdgrimes
    • Dec 2003

Once the movie is decrypted by Shrink, and burned, you can copy at will with Nero's disc copy function. It's also region free.

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

You can use the nero dvd copy method. I would suggest making a image first then copy though.

Also, it would only worked with backed up copies that has no copy protection on it. There is no 2 hour limit, it is just what is copied on the disc.

A different and free way is to use DVD Decrypter in ISO mode. It will read the disc, make a ISO image and then burn the ISO to a blank disc.

Comment

• ashy
        • Nov 2003

I have had great success using NERO's DVD2DVD 'on the fly' copy option and no problems. It seems like previous problems with DVD2DVD copy in Nero have now been sorted.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎