Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: My first burn didn't work, what do I do now?

Default My first burn didn't work, what do I do now?

I used DVD-Shrink to copy the movie to my computer. Power DVD plays the movie on my harddrive fine. I used burnatonce to burn my DVD+R (Memorex 4x) using Video DVD mode. I placed all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder. My DVD burner is Sony DW-U14A. When I place the DVD in computers dvd drive, Power DVD does not recognize it. I have no idea what I have done wrong or what I do now. Do I return my DVD's? Do I return my DVD burner? I would appreciate any help! Tell me if you need anymore details.

(BTW: I have 1 gig of ram, in burnatonce the default buffer is 256, should I set it to 1024?)

Thanks!

Main thing is not to Panic (as I did)

Burning is practically an art form.

It takes awhile to get all the configuration's,and issues worked out on each different system.

Here's a few tips;

Try Nero for burning your backed up "Shrink" movie if you can.

Also as reported elseware on this board-delete any Roxio programs you may have on your system-there are conflict's with Roxio product's and burning.

You didn't say if the burned disc played on your Home DVD player,but I assume it didn't either??

Hang in there,and work thru the issues-you will succeed in the end.

Chris

"My DVD burner is Sony DW-U14A. When I place the DVD in computers dvd drive, Power DVD does not recognize it."

If you are saying that you have both a burner as well as a separate DVD-ROM reader in your system, it's probably simply that your DVD-ROM reader doesn't recognize the format (DVD-R or DVD+R). Try playing the DVD from your BURNER...

Setarip is probably right.
    Can you actually see the files on the disk in explorer with your DVDROM drive?

I couldn't see the files on that disk in explorer. I tried another burn, but this time with Nero Burning ROM 6.0 and it worked perfectly! My home DVD player said it doesn't support DVD+/-R and it still played my DVD. My question is now, what is a good brand and price for DVD+/-R? I bought a 10 pack of Memorex 4x DVD+R at Target for $20. If there's any place that I could buy them cheaper, please let me know. Thanks so much everyone!

Glad you got it!

Try- Shop4Tech

or Meritline.com

for cheaper bulk purchasing (at least 1/2 what you just paid).

There are compatability issues with cheaper media,but these sites usually have charts that show which burner the disc's work with.

Happy Burnin.

CC

Thread Information