Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedCaboose
    • Jan 2004

Help with Easy CD & DVD creator

DVD shrink did a great job ripping my dvd to hard drive. Now when I use Roxio's software it asks me which files do I want to burn. Silly question, but do I just mark all the files and copy them to the burner? I have 22 separate .bup, .VOB, DVD navigation files, etc? Do I copy them in the exact order they are shown on my hard drive? I'm sure this is a pretty simple question, but I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks
  • kuneo
    • Jan 2004

Can't help with Roxio (I think it's crap).

But using Nero v6 all you have to do is drag and drop the one Shrinked file-Nero works wayyy better.

Probably can download a free/trial version (I would )

Mine is SMOKIN

K

Comment

• RedCaboose
      • Jan 2004

Onward, NERO!

You are right. The interface on the Roxio program looks like it was ripped from Blues Clues. Its pathetic. Ebay, here we come!

Comment

• kippio
        • Jan 2004

Can't help with Roxio (I think it's crap).
        Sorry, but I'm gonna probably ruffle some feathers here...

I have used both and I reckon that Roxio is far easier and faster that using Nero.

Using Creator Classic, all you have to do is create TWO folders in your project, one named VIDEO_TS and one named AUDIO_TS (both in capitals and with underscore, not hyphen), then copy the files that you have ripped from the DVD into the VIDEO_TS file, leave the AUDIO_TS file empty and burn the project.

To save a bit of time you can create the folder VIDEO_TS before you start ripping and save the ripped files straight into it, then just drag it into your project.

Mark

Comment

• Ryptyde
          • Jan 2004

Hi I'm new at DVD authoring but have ripped many a CD with Adaptec/Roxio not an expert though always something new to learn it seems.Well anyway I have been using Roxio's DVD Creator ver.6 with good success.I create the two folders as per the well illustrated guides "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS" on my pc harddrive and copy my Shrink files to the "VIDEO_TS" folder and when I open "Creator Classic" I select the two folders from the "source window" and then move them to the "destination window" give the disc a name and hit the "burn" button.I have a screen capture to show part of the procededure if that will help.
          Attached Files

Comment

• RedCaboose
            • Jan 2004

Roxio

I just had my first few successes with 6.0. Then I started getting a few buffer underruns, and some strange error messages. I finally closed the drag to disc option and it worked fine. I hope that is all that it was.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎